PDA

View Full Version : Bronzemoon outdoors. Anyone had any dealings with them?

Thumbcrusher
26-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi Folks,

I ordered an ESEE 4 off Bronzemoon outdoors a couple of weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Took my money on the day it was ordered so i sent them a couple of emails asking where it is. Got what looks to be an automated reply saying one of their staff is looking into the issue but had no contact since. Their website states my order is "pending"! Hmmmm getting a bit worried now! Tried ringing but apparently "all their operators are busy at the moment" so i left a message to call me back!

http://www.bronzemoonoutdoors.co.uk/

has anyone had any dealings with this place and if so were there any issues? Any advice appreciated!

Neil.

Thumbcrusher
26-11-2013, 03:07 PM
After some research it seems this retailer is a bit of a cowboy!

Wish i'd known that before i parted with £104 GRRRR!:mad:

Avoid using them folks.

luresalive
26-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I had an order cancelled by them last year, git money back ok but never used them since

BJ
26-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Some reviews of the company at this web address. http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/bronzemoonoutdoors.co.uk

claverhouse
26-11-2013, 07:28 PM
I bought an item from them 2 or 3 years ago, heard nothing, no reply to email or calls, then it arrived with no advance shipping warning. I got the distinct impression that despite the "uk" on their site, that thye are based abroad and have no staff here.

Thumbcrusher
26-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the replies folks.

BJ i had seen those reviews but sadly only after i'd ordered! DOH! Well i hope my order arrives sometime as did Claverhouse's but im not holding my breath. i've sent them an email, well a few emails to be honest and the last one just asked for my money back.

I'd ordered a knife for my brother in laws birthday on behalf of his missus (my sister!) so i feel really bad if it doesnt arrive at least before his birthday. I'll feel a lot worse when my big sis has knocked the c**p out of me :rolleye:

luresalive
26-11-2013, 09:49 PM
If you paid by paypal or a credit card lodge a complaint with them, let them do the hard work for you.

Thumbcrusher
01-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Luresalive i did pay for it with my credit card so think i'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they can help. Thanks for the advice!

alvino78
06-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Luresalive i did pay for it with my credit card so think i'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they can help. Thanks for the advice!
did anything turn up?

Thumbcrusher
06-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Hi Alvino78!

Well i got in touch with credit card company who i have to say were very good about the whole thing. They said not to pay my bill until they had resolved things and that if they couldn't do anything i wouldn't have to pay at all. Anyway i completed a few basic forms for the credit card and sent them off. Didn't hear anything for ages and unknown to me, SWMBO on seeing how peed off i was about it ordered me the same knife from The Bushcraft Store. That arrived within a couple of days apparently. Then got a call from Barclaycard, (other cards are available!) on 23.12.13 saying they had had a "chat" with the supplier and hoped it was resolved. The knife turned up by next day courier on 24.12.13! Great! Except that was when the missus said she had already got me a replacement for Christmas!!!! So, not needing two knives, i thought i daren't risk returning the one from Bronzemon outdoors as ill probably never hear from them again so i emailed The Bushcraft store and told them about my predicament. To say they were helpful is an understatement. They told me to return the knife to them and that they wouldn't charge a handling fee like most places do. The missus had bought the knife about two weeks before this so i was outside the return period of 7 days so as they'd been so helpful i thought it only fair to exchange the knife for more bushcraft goodies! Wooohoooo! Best Christmas I've had for years Ha Ha!!:happy-clapping: So in the long run i did alright out of it BUT I will never buy anything from Bronzemoon outdoors again nor recommend anyone else to do so. The Bushcraft store on the other hand i most definitely would recommend! Bet you're sorry you asked now mate after that novel!

midas
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
They mislead people with their UK.CO,web site.tho they advertise their office in London,this appears to be an accomodation address!They are based in australia I am informed!but drop ship from China n other sources.Tend to blame their courriers.for non or slow deliveries.goods do turn up eventually.and in my case I got a refund.But no compensation for the inconvienence!!!

alvino78
07-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi Alvino78!

Well i got in touch with credit card company who i have to say were very good about the whole thing. They said not to pay my bill until they had resolved things and that if they couldn't do anything i wouldn't have to pay at all. Anyway i completed a few basic forms for the credit card and sent them off. Didn't hear anything for ages and unknown to me, SWMBO on seeing how peed off i was about it ordered me the same knife from The Bushcraft Store. That arrived within a couple of days apparently. Then got a call from Barclaycard, (other cards are available!) on 23.12.13 saying they had had a "chat" with the supplier and hoped it was resolved. The knife turned up by next day courier on 24.12.13! Great! Except that was when the missus said she had already got me a replacement for Christmas!!!! So, not needing two knives, i thought i daren't risk returning the one from Bronzemon outdoors as ill probably never hear from them again so i emailed The Bushcraft store and told them about my predicament. To say they were helpful is an understatement. They told me to return the knife to them and that they wouldn't charge a handling fee like most places do. The missus had bought the knife about two weeks before this so i was outside the return period of 7 days so as they'd been so helpful i thought it only fair to exchange the knife for more bushcraft goodies! Wooohoooo! Best Christmas I've had for years Ha Ha!!:happy-clapping: So in the long run i did alright out of it BUT I will never buy anything from Bronzemoon outdoors again nor recommend anyone else to do so. The Bushcraft store on the other hand i most definitely would recommend! Bet you're sorry you asked now mate after that novel!

sorry i asked???...............no pal what a great example of people in our walk of life the bushcraft store are! and you did pretty darn well there for crimbo lol its a pity though that the predicament came up from one unlucky choice of shop,but a good point that we have this forum to share our wins and loses to help each other. well done sir on a personal win and getting good from the bad(p.s mines a short story lol)

luresalive
08-01-2014, 05:26 PM
glad you got it sorted

Thumbcrusher
08-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks mate!

midas
14-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Update on Bronzemoon outdoors.co.uk....They are based in ALTONA,VICTORIA,AUSTRALIA.
BEWARE THIS COMPANY and do not purchase from them.!!!

f0rm4t
14-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Yup avoid!

I've done a quick background check on this company. The site was built by a company called Visual Obsession owned by a guy called Kevin Austin

149 English Street
Cairns
QLD
Australia

His business is here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=149+English+Street+Cairns+QLD+4870+Australi a&ll=-16.918563,145.747118&spn=0.006241,0.010568&sll=-16.918576,145.746974&layer=c&cbp=13,325.82,,0,2.74&cbll=-16.918654,145.7471&gl=uk&hnear=149+English+St,+Cairns+Queensland+4870,+Aust ralia&t=h&z=17&panoid=aIZ3CrkeoedT6ZGE8gsXrg)

This is his Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/kevin.austin.3910)
This is his LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinjaustin)Account
This is his Google+ (https://plus.google.com/107929726144321128786/posts) account

The site itself is owned by Anglo Pacific Trading Ltd http://www.anglopacifictrading.com/
Mark Lewis an Australian living in the UK
LinkedIn account here (http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=142923237&authType=OUT_OF_NETWORK&authToken=tSmz&locale=en_US&srchid=380521451389714876484&srchindex=1&srchtotal=1&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A380521451389714876484%2CVSR PtargetId%3A142923237%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary)

Office front here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=145-157+St+John+Street+London+EC1V+4PY&hl=en&ll=51.523024,-0.102149&spn=0.004059,0.010568&sll=51.523377,-0.102563&layer=c&cbp=13,249.38,,0,-0.19&cbll=51.523408,-0.102422&gl=uk&hnear=145-157+St+John+St,+London+EC1V+4PY,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=17&panoid=XMd9-x3gMdICvFP9LMMlKg)

From globial.com (http://www.globial.com/Anglo-Pacific-Trading-Ltd-wwwbronzemoonoutdoorscouk)
Bronzemoon is wholly owned by Anglo Pacific Trading Ltd a family run British business with its headquarters in London & warehousing in Leicestershire. The business was originally formed in 1982 and is still run and owned by the founding family.
...Hmmm

Happy to go and knock on their door if anyone is out of pocket!
Their office is not far from mine.

EDIT
Registered Office Address:
117 Merton Road
Wimbledon
London
SW19 1ED

Looks like their accountants (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=117+Merton+Road+Wimbledon+London+SW19+1ED&ll=51.419382,-0.193902&spn=0.004068,0.010568&sll=51.419061,-0.194000&layer=c&cbp=13,225.53,,0,-5.04&cbll=51.419466,-0.193953&hnear=117+Merton+Rd,+London+SW19+1ED,+United+Kingd om&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A&panoid=qVLrreLO4T5zwScU6qCdXg):

Current Officers
James Cameron: Aus
Dean Lewis: Aus
Wendy Lewis: Aus
Mark Lewis: UK

I can give the other officers addresses in Aus if anyone wants them

jus_young
14-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Gents, I have temporarily removed a couple of threads pending the legal badgers having a quick look to make sure there is no come back on the forum. I know it can seem quite harsh as posts are the opinions of individuals, rather than those of the forum administrators, but there have been legal threats in the past which can make life very difficult.

Be back soon.

Thumbcrusher
14-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Hi Jus_young. Could we just lock my thread please? I think my message has got through and as you say i don't want anyone getting inadvertently into bother! Thanks to everyone for their replies and advice thoughT^

Neil

jus_young
14-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Thanks Neil.

As an update - it is felt that the thread should remain open unless any formal complaint is made. As I previously stated, all comments are the opinions and views of individual members, so as long as the comments are fair there should be no problem.

jus_young
16-01-2014, 10:36 PM
The thread is open again with all posts visible.

Thank you all for your input and any further comments or experiences can be posted for prospective customers to make up their own minds.

Thumbcrusher
17-01-2014, 05:43 PM
T^

Midge_Fodder
17-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Aye as a company their reputation is terrible. I haven't ordered anything from them and it's a good thing I haven't either. To be perfectly honest if you look at the reports and reviews they stretch way back, I'm surprised trading standards haven't stopped them from trading. I was once tempted to purchase from them, what put me off before I saw the reviews, was how polished the site looked. It all seemed to be to good to be true, and the prices seemed way to low.

Thumbcrusher
18-03-2014, 08:33 PM
It all seemed to be to good to be true.

It is mate! :rolleye:

WakkoJJ
10-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Just posted a thread on this very subject. Bronzemoon suck! Still waiting after 3 weeks, unable to get any response except automated replies which only tell me what "pending" means. I know what pending means, Bronzemoon customer care is non-existent!

Midge_Fodder
10-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Yep WakkoJJ I wouldn't count on anything with that bunch. It's a shocker that trading standards either here or Australia where they are based doesn't stop them from trading.

midas
10-07-2014, 09:21 PM
They will prob e-mail you blaming their corriers,then give you a refund.but can take months...keep at them...Thought we'd warned everyone off them!!!

Midge_Fodder
11-07-2014, 08:50 AM
They will prob e-mail you blaming their corriers,then give you a refund.but can take months...keep at them...Thought we'd warned everyone off them!!!

Problem is there is laws that stops any of us making any huge online statement about them, like creating a site etc. It's bad when crooks are protected the way they are.

AJ
11-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Really? Someone put a bunch of lies and nasty stuff about me in a blog and I couldn't get it taken off without a court order, they even put my address up, but luckily I've now moved anyway.

Thumbcrusher
11-07-2014, 10:16 AM
WakkoJJ did you pay by credit card? if you did and your purchase was over £100 then contact the card company and they will refund you and chase up bronzemoon. Let them do the work for you. That was the only way i could get Bronzemoon to sort my issues out. Once the bank contacted them i had my order delivered within about four days as the bank basically threatens to stop them using credit card facilities which is obviously their main source of payment.

Hope you get it sorted out anyway. I certainly will never use that store again no matter how low their prices are!

WakkoJJ
11-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Cheers, I'll try that, let u know what happens.

Midge_Fodder
11-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Really? Someone put a bunch of lies and nasty stuff about me in a blog and I couldn't get it taken off without a court order, they even put my address up, but luckily I've now moved anyway.

Slippery characters know how to milk the system to their advantage. Just take T4TS there's a great example of a company out to rip people off and have got away with it for years. I'm sorry to hear what happened to you though.

WakkoJJ
11-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Phoned the credit card company, they have to wait until 30 days after the initial payment then they'll chase it for you. I'll be contacting Trading Standards at that point too.
Why the hell should these people be allowed to get away with it. Never come between a Yorkshireman and his "brass" ha ha

Midge_Fodder
11-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Ohhh aye Yorkshire men are as bad as us Scots....... You can tell neither of us like to pay to park the car lol

WakkoJJ
11-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Aye lad, the Yorkshire battle cry is "How much?" 😁

chris fnq
18-08-2014, 04:33 AM

Tony1948
18-08-2014, 09:22 AM
One good thing comes out of this post, 3,611 guys on ear now no not to order off them......Bronzemoon:war: Stay away from it.

Mark12
11-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I am also waiting for a product from these guys. They are an Australian based company. Please help to bring the regulator's eyes to this scammer. Go to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-accc/consumer-complaint-form) and make a complaint. It only takes 5 minutes and costs nothing. You will also need their name (Anglo Pacific Trading Aust - BRONZEMOON OUTDOORS) and ABN (16541475625). These details is all publicly available information from the Australian Business Register.

cloggy
09-01-2015, 12:53 AM
I too ordered from them more than a month ago.
Goods did not turn up and after one email from them saying that the goods had been posted,
and that they would endeavour to track and trace them, I heard nothing more.
No goods, no refund, no correspondence and no faith in this company- beware!

Thumbcrusher
10-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Cloggy if you paid by credit card and the purchase was over £100 contact your credit card company and they will chase it up or reimburse you the money! (Oh and why not introduce yourself to us on the introduction section!:D)

cloggy
10-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks Thumbcrusher, I spent less than £100 but have initiated a claim under the Chargeback scheme with my credit card company.
I will report back on any further developments.
I appreciate your suggestion that I introduce myself in the appropriate section- will do.

Bobbyblu
11-01-2015, 12:57 AM
I have just created a new folder - 'scammers' - for my browser on the back of this thread. Many thanks all.

T^

Isaac Newton
07-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Cloggy if you paid by credit card and the purchase was over £100 contact your credit card company and they will chase it up or reimburse you the money! (Oh and why not introduce yourself to us on the introduction section!:D)

Just came across this thread AFTER ordering a Hazard 4 Watson bag from Bronzemoonoutdoors, I paid by debit card, will my bank be able to help me also ? Or does it have to be a credit card, knew I should of stuck to Amazon and that the price was too good to be true!!

cloggy
07-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Hi Isaac Newton, I contacted my bank and was told to write to them with as much detail as possible about the transaction.
A couple of weeks later the amount I had spent was credited to my account under the 'Chargeback Scheme ' which is used for claims
of less than £100.00 made with either a credit or debit card.
You may also wish to consider contacting Trading Standards in both the UK and Australia- a bit of research on the web will give you all the details you require.

Isaac Newton
07-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the fast response cloggy, only ordered on Wednesday & they took my funds on Friday, I am unsure if I should give them a chance and wait to see if my purchase turns up, or contact the bank immediately, don't really want to wait 5 weeks plus for no result.
Well thank you anyway for the useful information and I will update post accordingly.

midas
08-02-2015, 05:20 PM
They tend to blame their corriers for no delivery !!!some people have got goods.but very hit n miss.I was persistanht in asking for a refund (some time ago)when item didnt arrive.n they did recredit my card.
They portray themselves as UK.which is misleading .n often snares people i.Ones bitten twice shy!!!
Best of luck in recovering your funds.

Isaac Newton
10-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Well I must of been one of the lucky ones as I can only praise Bronzemoonoutdoors for the speed and efficiency that they have dealt with my enquiry.
Timeline as follows:-
Feb. 4 - online order placed, account set up, order status acknowledged
Feb. 5 - Funds taken from my account
Checked status of order 'pending'
Feb. 7 - Sent email to check when order will be sent out, received automated response reply back stating it was 'pending' as others have also received. ( I was concerned that I was about to become another victim of poor delivery/ non existent delivery)
All above correspondence was to this email address purchasing@anglopacifictrading.com

Feb. 8 - Cancelled my order, but this time I sent the email to mark@anglopacifictrading.com
Checked my order status later that day and 'pending' was now showing 'cancelled'

Feb. 9 - Sent another email to above address thanking them for cancelling my order and requesting when my funds will be showing back in my account, I was polite and courteous in all my correspondence.
Reply came back from the 'Night Audit Team' at 22:39, having checked our accounts department they have advised funds take 2-3 days to show in your account.
All a positive response but was wary of the timescale being given.

Feb. 10 - Checked my bank account this morning and lo and behold I have been credited my funds back.

I cannot complain whatsoever for the service I have received, my only annoyance is the item I ordered was a third less from here than everywhere else on the tinternet, but then maybe I would not of ever received item.
I would also add that I received funds back quicker than some more well known companies ( the three striped footwear )

I hope my review/ update has helped and I appreciate all your help previously

Regards,
Isaac Newton

Oh and I've just ordered bag from military 1st through Amazon, Hazard 4 Watson, can't wait!! :)

Thumbcrusher
10-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Isaac could you PM me the numbers for the lottery this week please? :D

James64
12-07-2015, 02:26 AM
Hi Folks,

I ordered an ESEE 4 off Bronzemoon outdoors a couple of weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Took my money on the day it was ordered so i sent them a couple of emails asking where it is. Got what looks to be an automated reply saying one of their staff is looking into the issue but had no contact since. Their website states my order is "pending"! Hmmmm getting a bit worried now! Tried ringing but apparently "all their operators are busy at the moment" so i left a message to call me back!

http://www.bronzemoonoutdoors.co.uk/

has anyone had any dealings with this place and if so were there any issues? Any advice appreciated!

Neil.

((

James64
12-07-2015, 02:40 AM
I too have had dealings with Bronzemoon. I placed a order with them, I waited over a week and never received my order so I contacted them and they replied saying the item is out of stock and it was an error by there website letting me order and they refunded my money which is fine. I gave them a second chance and placed an order for a different item. I has been nearly 2 weeks and 3 contact to there website and I have not heard anything from them. I have contacted my credit card company and they told me to wait a couple of days. Those days have now go so I will see what my credit card company will do about this matter. I will not use Bronzemoon again.

Yours Sincerely James64

James64
18-08-2015, 06:17 PM
If you are after a knife go to Heinnie Haynes, these guys you can trust.

Greenbear
05-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Update on Bronze Moon Outdoors - their website has now disappeared.

Greenbear
05-03-2016, 08:21 AM
If you are after a knife go to Heinnie Haynes, these guys you can trust.

I rate Moonraker Knives very highly, run by a lovely guy and top customer service on every occasion.

Thumbcrusher
05-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Update on Bronze Moon Outdoors - their website has now disappeared.

Good ridance to them i say!