PDA

View Full Version : Dont lend any one you'r sharp's

Tony1948
02-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Remember guy's dont lend anyone you'r sharps especilly if it's they first time over the woods and check they dont need to go to specksavers this is wot can happen1069210693 :happy-clapping:

FishyFolk
02-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Again!

I think you need to call all your friends, their families and everyone else you know in for a course in *"how to sheath a knife/ axe and anything else that is sharper than boiled lettuce"....

Tony1948
02-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Ha Rune the guy that used the axe was'ant putting it back in the sheath,he tryed to chop a log with the sheath still on.

Silverback
02-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Ha Rune the guy that used the axe was'ant putting it back in the sheath,he tryed to chop a log with the sheath still on.

:shocked:

Tony1948
02-11-2013, 08:24 PM
:shocked: That's just wot we looked like.

JonnyP
02-11-2013, 08:40 PM

Lol.. GB masks are a bit naff anyway, but you need to learn up your friends or tell them to get their own axes Tony..

Tony1948
02-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Not my mate Jonny and it was;ant my axe it was Mark's,and the guy that did it said he was a tree surgeon.Ya right.

FishyFolk
02-11-2013, 08:54 PM

Even I, and I am as absent minded as you can get, would have a hard time doing something like that. I wonder what planet he was on, and what he was smoking!

happybonzo
03-11-2013, 06:59 AM
I once had my knife taken off me by some so-called "bushcrafter"
"I'll show you how to use your firesteel properly" it said and then went to use the working edge of the blade to strike the firesteel :)

rossbird
03-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Bye heck, a tree surgeon did that!!!
Wonder if it was the same bloke who decimated a local hedge recently:rolleyes:
Trying to look on the bright side, may be a commission in the offing.

Ehecatl
03-11-2013, 10:27 AM
I think "using a sharp with it's sheath on" could become an NBC euphemism for doing something stupid......

David_JAFO
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
hello,
Your joking.. right? :confused2:
Regards
David

Whistle
03-11-2013, 02:04 PM
On the bright side Tony , at least the numpty didn't sheath it deep in his foot or thigh muscle !!!

but lesson learnt , never liked lending tools or kit unless they were spare bits , at least now I can quote you ...

Tony says ..... Ha ha ha

All the best Whistle

Tony1948
03-11-2013, 03:15 PM
When makeing Mark's Axe sheath I notice that the old sheath has a press stud on the strap thats got GBA under a crown stamped on it,thought it would be a shame to lose it so I cut it off the damage marsk to restitch it back on the new one.10694

OakAshandThorn
03-11-2013, 06:07 PM
*facepalm* OMG...

Bernie
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Good lesson, but it's hard for some of us not to want to offer others better tools than they have. I lent my Mora to someone at a meet once because she didn't have a decent knife. It took a lot to hold back when she carved into the ground with it. :shocked: The only way I could be patient enough was to think how patient Ashley had been with me when I rocked up at the first NBC meet with nothing more than a SAK and an axe without a sheath. We all started somewhere and there is real joy in helping and seeing people learn.

I still have so much to learn, which is a good thing as I have a lot of joy to bring to my teachers. ;)

Tony1948
04-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Remember guy's dont lend anyone you'r sharps especilly if it's they first time over the woods and check they dont need to go to specksavers this is wot can happen1069210693 :happy-clapping:Well after the damage come's the fix,Marks Axe sheath is done hope he likes it,10697106981069910700You can pick it up when you'r ready Mark.

Sylvanbilly
04-11-2013, 12:00 PM

WHAT??!!!
I can't believe it!!

ratcatcher
04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
nice new sheath, you'll have to get a sign made up, my grand dad had one hanging over his front door, it said...... "the man who lend's s tools, is out"

surplus 6
07-11-2013, 07:55 AM
nice new sheath, you'll have to get a sign made up, my grand dad had one hanging over his front door, it said...... "the man who lend's s tools, is out"

used to have a sign like that at a garage I worked at a few years ago.

bopdude
07-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Nice work there Tony, course he'll like it, what's not to like.

KaiTheIronHound
07-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I learned not to lend tools when someone used my mora as a screw driver... Instead of the screw driver on his leatherman.

Alexdermietzel97
14-11-2013, 01:22 PM
I learned not to lend tools when someone used my mora as a screw driver... Instead of the screw driver on his leatherman.

Someone once tried to use my mates gerber to "cut a wire fence", chips all the way up the blade, took me ages to repair.

Primerib
14-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Lately I was out on a field with a collaque of mine looking after a crop. At some point he asked if I had a knife on me. I hand over my opinel - freshly sharpened to shaving sharpness - and what does the lad do? Sticks it several times into the soil with a twisting motion (a very heavy sticky soil wet and with lots of gravel) to retrieve the root of a plant. Hands it back dirty (all the sand and muck in the twist-locking mechanism) and as blunt that you could ride it to mexiko and back without worries with a "Thanks!" All I could utter was "If I knew you were gonna do that..." :mad:

Another case of - JUST DON'T!!!

jbrown14
14-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Lately I was out on a field with a collaque of mine looking after a crop. At some point he asked if I had a knife on me. I hand over my opinel - freshly sharpened to shaving sharpness - and what does the lad do? Sticks it several times into the soil with a twisting motion (a very heavy sticky soil wet and with lots of gravel) to retrieve the root of a plant. Hands it back dirty (all the sand and muck in the twist-locking mechanism) and as blunt that you could ride it to mexiko and back without worries with a "Thanks!" All I could utter was "If I knew you were gonna do that..." :mad:

Another case of - JUST DON'T!!!

I've had this kind of thing happen too often, people use a nice knife as a pry bar, screwdriver...etcetera. If anyone asks if I have a knife that they can borrow for a moment, I usually get a skeptical look on my face, put my hand protectively over my pocket and say, "Whyyyyy? What do you need it for?" Then more often than not, end up getting that person the correct tool.

treefrog
14-11-2013, 10:14 PM
My uncle was that sort of a guy....if you lent him an anvil it would come back bent.