PDA

View Full Version : North Wales Bushcafters : SKill share .

woodsman
27-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Thought it might be an idea to start a list of skills people would like to learn/happy to share with the group when we get together.

The idea is to have a discussion on how everyone does their thing, so we can learn different techniques, practice, and find out what works for you.

If there's anything you would like to learn list it here ...

1. Leather work
2. Water filtration
3. Knife making

If there's anything you are willing to share (even in it's most basic form - newbies still have to start somewhere) list it here ...
Doesn't matter if there are repeated skills as not everyone is going to be available at every meet.

Woodsman
1. Fire starting
2. Shelter building
3. Cooking
4. Navigation
5. Tree care/uses
6. Food prep - animal skinning. Mammals- birds.
7. Hunting - air rifle / shotgun / with dogs.

Rasputin
27-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Thats if anyone turns up,lol based on this one!

Aragorn
27-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Great idea, I would like to improve my tree identification and uses, still not mastered bow drill so that would be good too.

biker-bri
27-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Err how to stay sober !!!!!!
For those of us who have never attended a meetup with NWB or any other group general skills are freely shared - ask any question and you will
get some kind of answer or at the least a point in the right direction - as forum member sar Ian says its the bushcraft brotherhood
Cheers Bri

biker-bri
27-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Thats if anyone turns up,lol based on this one!

It was nice meeting Mike Wilkinson again and new member Backpack Mac - altho the weather was inclement no one got wet and the worst of the weather was as we
were leaving so all in all a good weekend and I remember most of it ;).
Cheers Bri

Silverback
27-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Sapper
1. Fire starting
2. Shelter building
3. Cooking
4. Navigation
5. First Aid medicine
6. Food prep - animal skinning. Mammals- birds.
7. Hunting/Trapping
8. Water procurement/purification