PDA

View Full Version : Magali Roques...The Laguiole bladesmith

Jon Mac
29-01-2011, 09:40 PM
At the moment there seems to be an Argument between the town of Laguiole and the bladesmiths who use the Laguiole name, and a chap who thinks he owns the name and has contracted knife production to the Chinese. I would hope to see the Laguiole name stay in France with the super artisans who make these stylish folding knives...

To read more visit spooncarvingfirststeps at the address below...

http://spooncarvingfirststeps.blogspot.com/2011/01/magali-roquesthe-laguiole-bladesmith.html

comanighttrain
29-01-2011, 10:26 PM
whos making the most money? :(

jbrown14
30-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Jon Mac, your friend, Magali, makes some extraordinary knives! Those aren't just cutting tools, they are works of art!

It's always heartening to see artisans like her keeping traditional craft alive in its birthplace. I felt a knot in my stomache thinking about someone selling the rights to the Laguiole name to a Chinese maker. I don't think I need to enumerate the effect this may have on the name of Laguiole, but those who know enough should look for country of origin when purchasing these knives.

Jon Mac
30-01-2011, 07:26 AM
She is certainly a great artisan and I fully support the French knife makers claim to there historical name and past history...All the best and thanks for commenting...J