PDA

View Full Version : First Proper Hang Time

Stevie B
08-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

I was out at the weekend trying out my new hammock in the woods - AWESOME!!!
Even though I got sent the wrong order, (it was time to make camp before I realised but fear not, the wonderful Neil at TW Hammocks is sorting this out as we speak - can't praise them highly enough!) it didn't dampen my spirits or ruin my weekend.
I had a great time with Bushtucker Steve and my trusty companion Lola.

I've put some photos below;
Gorgeous surroundings - practically on my back door...

Mushroom Kingdom...

Tree dwellers...

Chicken a la stick up the a*se...

Stamp
08-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing.

Stevie B
08-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Hi Stamp,

Yeah, it was lovely and relaxing, just what I needed - though I did have a moment of panic when Lola got a wasp stuck in her paw! :mad: The little blighter stung her, paw was boiling hot and all swollen and she couldn't walk on it for an hour or so.
Someone :please: tell the wasp community that it's bleedin well October!

ammo
08-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Chicken a la stick up the @$$ Classic Ste, I'm still laughing as i write.

shepherd
09-10-2013, 09:46 AM
looks like a great trip - i might get a hammock... one day.... maybe..

Stamp
09-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Hi Stamp,

Yeah, it was lovely and relaxing, just what I needed - though I did have a moment of panic when Lola got a wasp stuck in her paw! :mad: The little blighter stung her, paw was boiling hot and all swollen and she couldn't walk on it for an hour or so.
Someone :please: tell the wasp community that it's bleedin well October!

That sounds nasty, my dog takes claws off from time to time. It bleeds really bad for a while, I bathe the foot in tcp and warm water and it seems to do the trick. The last time he did it we were in the caravan, he got blood everywhere! So bandaged his foot up and he really milked the sympathy from everyone on the site. Hes never had a wasp sting as far as Im aware though, thats just bad luck!

Sar-ian
09-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Tree dwellers...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM smoked tree dweller and "a nice Chianti" LOL, good food, good company, GREAT combination....................

BJ
09-10-2013, 05:37 PM
looks great. T^

ian c
09-10-2013, 06:58 PM
That looks like a nice area and sounds like you had a good time cheers for sharing.

Stevie B
09-10-2013, 07:11 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM smoked tree dweller and "a nice Chianti" LOL, good food, good company, GREAT combination....................

Smoked tree dweller, loving it Sar-ian!
And it was rather a cheeky wee bottle! T^

Stevie B
09-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Thanks all, had a great time and I'm sure I'm not alone in urging you to buy a hammock shepherd - best purchase you'll ever make, well after the cheeky wee vino!
Stamp, poor wee dog, I've not experienced that problem yet - maybe he does it because of the sympathy...?