PDA

View Full Version : www.surplusandadventure.com

comanighttrain
28-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I quite like these guys, Usually cheap...

Some waterproof stuff on sale at time of posting http://www.surplusandadventure.com

Ben Casey
28-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I have been looking they have some decent stuff on there.

comanighttrain
28-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I've used them a lot...sometimes the delivery is slow but other than that no complaints.

Degsy
28-01-2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/
http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk
are both great sites

comanighttrain
02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I personnally would no longer recommend surplus and adventure.

Fletching
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM

I hear you.

Fraser
23-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I ordered a jacket from this lot. They said my credit card wouldn't be charged until my order was dispatched. This was untrue as I was charged almost immediately. 1 month later, no jacket. Emailed them to ask whats happening..... "Oh sorry... the jacket is coming from another supplier (they didn't even have the jacket and they charged me for it?!), should be dispatched from us in 2-3 weeks" another month later..... Too late, I bought one elsewhere, please refund my money.... and by the way your service has been poor so far. "do you want a black one instead? we have one in stock".... No. Refund please (in the blurb it says that their refunds will be credited back to the card that was charged).... "Fine we will send you a cheque in second class post"...... cheque arrived 2 weeks later...... aaaaaaand?????????
Yes! you guessed it...... IT BOUNCED! :mad:
An absolute flipping joke!

On a brighter note...... not really bushcraft connected which is why im not making a new thread for it.....
Brix workwear through amazon.... superb service! will go back again and again.

Ehecatl
23-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Was it a debit or credit card? If it's a credit card then the card scheme will refund you and then chase the merchant.

M@

ADz
23-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Was it a debit or credit card? If it's a credit card then the card scheme will refund you and then chase the merchant.

M@

You can get a charge-back on both debit and credit cards, Its just that its easier/quicker on credit card as they're liable for any fraudulent sellers not you. If its a debit card it depends on your bank on the procedure but generally you need to write a letter about transaction and ask them to refund.

Fraser
24-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I have this all in hand and if the money is not refunded using their stated method within 48 hours from yesterday then I will be getting tough.

shepherd
24-07-2013, 09:33 AM

how come, what happened?

saxonaxe
25-07-2013, 07:33 AM
I've read elsewhere of problems experienced with Surplus and Adventure with regard to late/non deliveries etc: Unfortunately there is occasionally confusion on forums with another supplier of similar kit, Surplus and Outdoors, with whom I have no connection but have always received excellent and speedy service.

shepherd
25-07-2013, 08:20 AM
its a minefield out there!

jacko1066
25-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I too have had problems with surplus and adventure.

My wife ordered me a jack Pyke knife.

Still have not received it or the refund. That was 2 Christmases ago!!!

saxonaxe
25-07-2013, 09:12 AM
its a minefield out there!

;) That about sums it up Shep. It's not just retailers either, I'm still waiting for goods paid for 3 weeks ago in a private sale.

shepherd
25-07-2013, 10:13 AM
;) That about sums it up Shep. It's not just retailers either, I'm still waiting for goods paid for 3 weeks ago in a private sale.

thats no good at all bud

Fraser
17-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I too have had problems with surplus and adventure.

My wife ordered me a jack Pyke knife.

Still have not received it or the refund. That was 2 Christmases ago!!!

We threatened them with our banks fraud department ...... and viola! refund within a week.

KieranBroadfield
12-02-2014, 07:59 PM
I have used them quite a lot. Recently I find their prices are much more steep than they use to be, never had any problems with them though!

:) :campfire:

Midge_Fodder
26-03-2014, 10:37 AM
I didn't have a problem when I bought my Dutch stainless mess tins, but I won't be using them again likely. I seem to find better service elsewhere, and to be honest I'm finding more and more they are filling their pages with knock off stuff.

Silverback
26-03-2014, 10:43 AM
I didn't have a problem when I bought my Dutch stainless mess tins, but I won't be using them again likely. I seem to find better service elsewhere, and to be honest I'm finding more and more they are filling their pages with knock off stuff.

By knock off do you mean cheap chinese copies, counterfeit goods, or stolen ? Your wording needs to be quite careful on the interweb these days

Midge_Fodder
26-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Ahhhh Chinese copies my bad

Bernie
27-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Oh dear. I went looking for this thread to see if I could find the seller and maybe bag a bargain. Looks like I should be avoiding them.

There's a really nice surplus store (really nice = more like treasure hunting than shopping) in Exeter. I just looked it up, it's called "Exeter surplus". :) Find it on Alphin Brook Rd (B3123) just next to Bridge Motorcycles.

I must go back some time for a rummage. :D