PDA

View Full Version : C.S.Milne & Co cutting/brazing torch

MadZ
03-09-2013, 03:03 PM
I am selling this item as a private seller and this sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit.

Recently acquired a C.S.Milne & Co cutting/brazing torch "the general" from my Grandads old copper smith tool kit, he made funnels for steam locomotives at Great Western Railway works, Swindon and after retirement carried on making copper and brass items for steam trains and other things, pretty much until he passed away.

Done a bit of research on this and at the time C.S.Milne & co had two types/ variants of torch on the market one was called the "spit fire" & the other the "General", I personally have no use for this type of kit and if it sells would use the money to further my needs for bushcraft items/kit.

Item will come as seen in the photo, item is used so has marks on it and the anodized blue is worn well on the part to adjust your mixture, a selection of tools are in the box for the removal and attachment of the other fittings and hardware.

would be looking for around the £150 mark +p&p, as the spit fire model (torch only) sold for £105 on the auction site. sensible offers would be considered also.

Thanks for taking the time to look, if you would like any other pictures of the pieces individually please drop me a pm or comment here and ill sort them asap for you.

cheers Madz

P.S I realize this is not a bushcraft item and may only be of interest to a small selection of the community here, but if any of the mods or admin team think its not a welcomed item to be sold here, please feel free to remove it.

Silverback
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi Madz, I reckon its ok as it fits in with the making and smithying part of bushy crafts and its in the right section. I have however as you can see highlighted the for sale part of the post and the disclaimer

MadZ
03-09-2013, 05:17 PM
no problem, does it have to be highlighted then?? didn't notice that part, cheers for the heads up Sapper

Silverback
03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
no it doesnt have to be but yours was buried at the end of your text effectively so made it more obvious that its a for sale post

MadZ
04-09-2013, 07:48 AM
cheers Sapper i see what you mean now, i'll put it at the top like you done, thanks for editing it, and cheers for letting me keep the post up here, hopefully it may be of use to someone here, as its just collecting dust in my workshop.

Madz