PDA

View Full Version : My first bushcraft meet!

Ferrell freddy
02-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi all!

Just thought I'd share a few words after I met up with a couple of guys from here on Saturday night (310813)

I'd noticed a post about a meet in Cornwall and had been dying to get out and do something for a while, having turned 30 the previous night I thought I deserved a treat! After a few swift words to SWMBO it was on and Chubbs and Big T were made aware of my imminent arrival!

Most of my kit being absent I cracked on military style with a poncho, roll mat and doss bag, no hammock for me tonight :( the lads were incredibly accommodating and Big T and myself set to Zeroing the air rifles.

Soon after I was off for a hunt, unfortunately the site (woodland valley) was quite busy and any potential meals had scarpered :( anyway, headed back to the camp for Chubbs legendary chilli and a spot of spoon carving, SWMBO received said spoon as a peace offering on my return!

After a few beers, some of my foraged plum and apple crumble and a few shared stories it was bedtime, a cool but comfortable night was had listening to the local owl population discussing the world.

The next morning I arose a lot later than anticipated so finding the illusive pond was put on the back burner in place of reaffirming a decent fire, it was my intention for the lads to have something to ensure the morning wets were flowing! Another unsuccessful plod with the air rifle and then to Chibbs legendary sausage sandwiches!

My time was almost up so my gear was packed, a quick scan to ensure no trace was left and I bade my farewells.. Until next time!

Cheers guys, though it was "just a chill out in the woods" I had a great time!

Chubbs legendary chilli!

Stompies, the future of bushcraft footwear!

Real time air rifle mod..

Home..

Can anyone ID these?

ian c
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Looks like you had a good and are looking forward to getting out again.

Sar-ian
03-09-2013, 03:23 AM
good food, good company, outdoor surroundings, does it get any better :happy-clapping:T^

MadZ
03-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Bang on, can't wait to go meet some of the guys from here myself, everyone i have made contact with via the forum has been more than happy to answer any questions i had, have been more than welcoming and very friendly (as friendly as you can be through a pc lol), very nice and wide spread community.

"just a chill out in the woods" normally are the best times out in the woods i find, and if your with like minded people its even better.

thanks for sharing your experience and pictures

Madz

rosseveritt
03-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Looks like you had a good time. I love it there. By the looks of the pic with the chilli making you were near the top. When we go we are nearer to the stream at the bottom. You'll have to find the large pond when you go there next time.

Thx for sharing that with us. T^ :)

Stamp
03-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for sharing, great write up and photos.

The fungi could be sulpur tuffs but its difficult to say from the picture.

Big T
03-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Glad you enjoyed it mate!:-D

Silverback
03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
T^

saxonaxe
03-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Good to hear of folk enjoying themselves. I'm impressed by the footwear, now if they came in waterproof camo I might just...;) ;)

Chubbs
03-09-2013, 08:49 PM
It was great to meet you mate, just a shame it wasn't for longer.

You left a long lasting impression on the young un, she didn't stop talking about you all day. Maybe next time we could make it longer than a night without the kids !!! and do some decent hunting.

All the best.

Neil

shepherd
04-09-2013, 07:42 AM
T^