PDA

View Full Version : Dutch oven supplier

BJ
11-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Just an observation, I have bought from Ronnie Sunshines in the past and been more than happy with the price and delivery from them, so I am not knocking them now.
I have been looking at buying a 4 litre dutch oven and knowing very little about them checked the usual sources.
Ronnie sunshines web site, cost £35.98 delivered with £1.00 discount for 122 loyalty points.
Ronnie sunshines on ebay, Cost £35.99 delivered free. (obviously the cost of delivery needs to be inclusive)
This is the same item so the loyalty points on the web site are in reality only worth £0.01 instead of the £1.00 stated . Not a problem, lets face it, if it's what I want I will buy it anyway.:)
I can get different models for a cheaper price but this is not comparing like with like.
So I have come to the conclusion that loyalty points are probably not worth anything unless you use a sole supplier and a quick check on sites like Amazon, ebay and dedicated suppliers reveals who can supply the best price and delivery. Any recommendations for a supplier of a good cast iron 4 litre dutch oven ? :confused2:

Sar-ian
11-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Try Military-mart, usually very competitive on prices, good people to deal with, and if you're in no rush I'll pick you one up and fetch it to Ruthin, saving postage....
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=885

BJ
11-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Try Military-mart, usually very competitive on prices, good people to deal with, and if you're in no rush I'll pick you one up and fetch it to Ruthin, saving postage....
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=885

That would be great, and very kind of you. I will call the company and see if I can pay now and have it put aside for collection at your convenience. cheers Ian.
By the way are we ready yet for the kit donations ? I have some to bring when required.

Silverback
11-08-2013, 12:02 PM
By the way are we ready yet for the kit donations ? I have some to bring when required.

Yes...Mike Wilkinson is holding the gear

MikeWilkinson
11-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes...Mike Wilkinson is holding the gear

Already passed it on to Ian to hold on to.

Sar-ian
11-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey BJ, no worries fella, I'll pay for it when I go to collect it, as I'll be purchasing some goods.... If anyone else attending Ruthin, would like anything for from MM I don't mind, and I maybe able to get some discount, but no promises........ Just fetch any kit donations along ............ cheers Ian....

BJ
11-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Hey BJ, no worries fella, I'll pay for it when I go to collect it, as I'll be purchasing some goods.... If anyone else attending Ruthin, would like anything for from MM I don't mind, and I maybe able to get some discount, but no promises........ Just fetch any kit donations along ............ cheers Ian....

You're a star. *#*

Silverback
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM

Mmmmmm I better have a look at the site, wool blanketry is my fave purchase at the moment - wifey has a new sewing machine;)

Tony1948
11-08-2013, 01:34 PM
THere is a sit on ebay that start D-O off at 99p,you could get one a lot cheeper if the biddings right,