PDA

View Full Version : For Sale DD Hammocks 2013 Modular Hammock

AdrianRose
08-08-2013, 07:05 AM
I am selling this item as a private seller and this sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit.

Hi folks

As the title says, I am selling the DD Hammocks 2013 Modular Jungle Hammock. The hammock system includes the hammocks, pre-fitted whoopie slings, 2 x tree huggers, 2 x carabiners, arched poles for the mosquito net, detachable base layer that doubles as an integrated tarp layer, compression sack etc etc

This system is in mint condition and has NEVER been slept in. It was taken out of the bag and tied to a tree to do the review then put back in the bag.

The review and more info can be found here (http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd_jungle_hammock?)

The current price on DD Hammocks website is £109 inc delivery. I am selling this one for £70 inc postage.

Please Note: As I was given this hammock system for free to review by DD Hammocks, I will be donating the selling price (less postage) to Help For Heroes.

All the best
Ade

bopdude
08-08-2013, 08:28 AM
PM sent

Thumbcrusher
08-08-2013, 09:47 AM
DOH just bought one!:ashamed:

bopdude
08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
DOH just bought one!:ashamed:

Have you been out in it yet ? I haven't hung yet so this is going to be a first lol, just down the road from you, Stockton.

Thumbcrusher
08-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Only got mine delivered this week so tried it out for first time yesterday. Had a practice putting it up and its pretty straightforward. Seems very well made to. From getting it out of the bag to getting in it probably took about six minutes. It did tend to flip over as DD say but with a very small empty daypack in the bottom that stopped. Feels quite roomy compared to my other DD hammock and was very comfy. Sadly didnt have time for an overnighter but at least ill know how to set it up when i need to!
I think you'll enjoy using it mate!

bopdude
08-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Only got mine delivered this week so tried it out for first time yesterday. Had a practice putting it up and its pretty straightforward. Seems very well made to. From getting it out of the bag to getting in it probably took about six minutes. It did tend to flip over as DD say but with a very small empty daypack in the bottom that stopped. Feels quite roomy compared to my other DD hammock and was very comfy. Sadly didnt have time for an overnighter but at least ill know how to set it up when i need to!
I think you'll enjoy using it mate!

Thanks for the info, really looking forward to owning a hammock :D

beermaker
08-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Just seen this thread, although I've been warned to "wait for santa...." :D nice to see some other local people on here! T^

AdrianRose
08-08-2013, 07:55 PM
SOLD pending payment folks.

Ade

Pete11
08-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Ade, Kudos for the donation to Help For Hero's

Pete

dannyreid1978
08-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Hats off brother, it's a awesome cause and you have a big heart! Well played sir.

Danny

butchthedog
09-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Very generous, well done Ade..T^

MadZ
09-08-2013, 09:31 AM
It did tend to flip over as DD say but with a very small empty daypack in the bottom that stopped

you may already know this but if when you get in the hammock lay slightly offset to the ropes this should help stabilize the hammock reducing the risk of being flipped out, i dont use one so can't say this works but have read alot of comments saying that this method does help alot.

cheers

Madz

dannyreid1978
09-08-2013, 02:47 PM
you may already know this but if when you get in the hammock lay slightly offset to the ropes this should help stabilize the hammock reducing the risk of being flipped out, i dont use one so can't say this works but have read alot of comments saying that this method does help alot.

cheers

Madz

It only flips over when this model is completely empty, if you have anything in it at all sleeping bag etc anything it stays the right way up. When its empty the tent poles make it top heavy thus tipping it over

Danny

Thumbcrusher
10-08-2013, 09:51 AM
The hammock was very stable when you were in it so no problems there. In fact it only seemed to turn over until i had tied the hoops to the supporting whoopie sling then it was ok.

bopdude
10-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the info guys, can't wait to get my hands on it, I think I'll be buying a snake skin for it as well, do you think it would all fit into a skin barring the poles that is.

MadZ
10-08-2013, 10:03 AM
ah right my bad sorry i got from that comment that it was flipping with you in it but if it only does it when your out then not to much of an issue

how you getting on with it, you think its worth the money at rrp?? £109?? i believe??

cheers

Madz

Thumbcrusher
12-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys, can't wait to get my hands on it, I think I'll be buying a snake skin for it as well, do you think it would all fit into a skin barring the poles that is.
Yeh i would think so mate!

bopdude
12-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Nice one cheers.

bopdude
15-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Well I got it last night will try it out this weekend, thanks Ade.

Thumbcrusher
15-08-2013, 04:46 PM
get some pics and let us know how you get on bud!

bopdude
15-08-2013, 05:12 PM
get some pics and let us know how you get on bud!

Will do mate.