PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article : Bushcraft on a Budget: All the Kit You Need for Less Than £100

woodsman
01-08-2013, 11:07 AM
http://frontierbushcraft.com/2012/07/06/bushcraft-on-a-budget-kit/

Just shows what can be done with minimal kit.

Silverback
01-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Paul writes some interesting stuff...I had the same Belgian bivvy bag, sadly it was far too small and uncomfortable so i gave it away to the NSB kit collective. Replaced it with the Czech bedroll though :) I have the same Norwegian pack too but in nylon.

Im also a fan of Dave Canterburys 5 and 10 C's of survivability ... up to press i have managed to get my kit down to fit inside a canvas gas mask bag and carry a bed roll

mr_moon
02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
At militarymart they do a really good bushcraft starter kit for about £70 it has everything in it for a beginner. They are based in ormskirk but they have a website that you can order from.
They sell all kinds of stuff for bushcraft and military surplus, it's where I got a lot of my kit, they are very cheap!

Silverback
02-08-2013, 12:39 PM
At militarymart they do a really good bushcraft starter kit for about £70 it has everything in it for a beginner. They are based in ormskirk but they have a website that you can order from.
They sell all kinds of stuff for bushcraft and military surplus, it's where I got a lot of my kit, they are very cheap!

MM have quite a following in these here fora mr moon

mr_moon
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Best shop ever, haha! Went in for a belt a few weeks ago, a hour later I was £150 down and a car boot full of essential's haha!

MadZ
06-08-2013, 12:49 PM
nice thanks for the share, looking at this article i'm alot closer to this set up than i thought, apart from the bag, sleeping arrangement, and stove.

i sleep on the floor with only the attire i wear out, and normally cook on the open fire rather than on a stove as i only have a small bag and alot of things dont fit or are at a compromise

cheers

Madz

MikeWilkinson
06-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm not far off that set up myself. Only I have the added luxury of my diy hammock and a cheap garden saw.

You could also ditch the rucksack and carry everything in the tarp hudson pack style.

alvino78
09-09-2013, 04:34 PM
great link and read!