PDA

View Full Version : Military Mart

Humakt
25-07-2013, 10:54 AM
I lose track of who the good dealers and who the bad dealers are.
Miltary Mart - are they reliable or not?
Just want to know before ordering.

Cheers.

John_McC
25-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I've had no problem with them, but only used them a few times.

John

biker-bri
25-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Used them Quite a bit and they have never let me down T^
Cheers Bri

Chubbs
25-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Excellent company for their customer service.

I bought a couple of their Czech Army bed rolls a while back and one was missing buttons. Because I didn't have ones that matched I phoned them and they were on my doorstep the next day.

Military Mart seem to be going from strength to strength, continually adding to their ever increasing stock so I think the last thing they want is bad publicity and unsatisfied customers.

dannyreid1978
25-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I've been lucky enough to of been introduced to Paul woods and all the gang from military mart and we got on really well and have a great laugh we chat about products and the world of bushcraft quite a bit now, and in my totally honest opinion for what it's worth I would always go to them first for gear not because I would get discount or anything like that but because they are all really genuine and believe in what they are doing. (Not ripping people off!) would offer great advice on kit and also if there was a problem like mentioned previously they do all to sort it ASAP.

Hope this helps

Danny

Tigger004
25-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Great service so far

Humakt
25-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks chaps.
They're clearly one of the good guys - I'll make my order!

saxonaxe
25-07-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll add my name to the list of satisfied customers of Military Mart..T^

sausage100uk
25-07-2013, 02:02 PM
me too, the express delivery is VERY express too, pretty much next day (depending on order time) with one hour slots for delivery times. Ive recently got loads of stuff from them (czech bedrolls for the kids, M39 and Lk35 rucksacks, swedish stove, swedish wool coat for me) and i'm very impressed with the quality of kit and the accuracy of the descriptions.

Pete11
25-07-2013, 03:03 PM
+1 for Military Mart, excellent service. Ordered some gear from them on a Monday evening, parcel arrived Wed' morn' first thing.

Def' use them again.

Pete

Old Guard
25-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Military Mart get my vote, I have purchased many times T^

Silverback
25-07-2013, 04:57 PM
MM gets my ote too

Realbark
25-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Ive used them on a few occasions. No problems at all - :)

AdrianRose
26-07-2013, 11:37 PM
100% vote of Confidence here too. I know Paul and his family very well now and they are superb to deal with.

If you get chance to go and visit it will be a real eye opener. It's like a bushcrafters Alladins cave.

Ade.

shepherd
27-07-2013, 05:10 PM
If you get chance to go and visit it will be a real eye opener. It's like a bushcrafters Alladins cave.

Ade.

where are they based?

freedom
27-07-2013, 05:40 PM
where are they based?

Ormskirk mate

Kernowek Scouser
27-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Another vote for Military Mart from me, I have ordered from them numerous times and I have only had a problem once.

I'd ordered on XL OG jacket (the largest size they advertised online) and when it arrived, on time as promised, it proved to be a little tight around the shoulders. I gave them a ring to see if I could return and get a refund, spoke to Paul and he was like "Yose in Coornwaall? Yooo sowned lIKE yose from round ear, laaa" then he said no probs on the refund, but asked if I wanted him to see if he had an XXL knocking about and call me back if he did. I said ok and within five minutes he was back on the phone saying he did have a couple of could of bigger jackets, talked me through the best way to measure my chest and shoulders to see which one would fit me best and when we had determined the best fit, asked me again if I would rather have a refund or a replacement jacket. I went for the replacement. He sent my a prepaid bag which arrived in the next mornings post, to return the too small jacket in and the replacement jacket itself arrived two days later after I sent the too small jacket back.

Considering I pretty much too a punt on the largest jacket MM advertised online fitting me, when it proved to be too small, they sorted it out. I have had a similar experience with two other retailers and there response was Tough (got my money back in the end both times, but it was a lot more hassle than it needed to be).

So yes, use Military Mart they are honest, reliable and will sort problems out in the unlikely event you encounter one... but be advised, for the next two weeks they are closed and on their summer hols.

butchthedog
27-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Military Mart get my vote, used them a couple of times and they are always quick to please...

Hathor
29-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Minus 1 from me.

Messed me around no end with a jacket and, despite telling them which size three times, they sent the wrong size. I could have returned it but there was no guarantee that they could replace it with the correct size.

Gave up on them and now avoid like the plague. Useless!!

defender90
28-08-2013, 01:27 AM
i use military mart, never had a problem, i visit atleast once a month just for a mooch around always find something i "need", last visit i came away with a decent bivi bag, ground sheet and a swedish mess set inc stove for under £20! always have a chat with the owner and if i cant find something he is only to glad to help get hold of what you want. mm A+

KevB
31-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Dunno them, but I can heartily recommend Denbigh Army Surplus (http://www.denbigharmysurplus.co.uk/) and they have a 25% off offer on this weekend. They are celebrating 25 years in business.

Silverback
31-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Dunno them, but I can heartily recommend Denbigh Army Surplus (http://www.denbigharmysurplus.co.uk/) and they have a 25% off offer on this weekend. They are celebrating 25 years in business.

Welcome to the forum Kev...could you pop on over to the new members section and post an introduction please