PDA

View Full Version : Gril is swept away by the Moon River - Art

susannewilliams
22-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Beloved, we came to our river under the moon.
And so I let my flute cry the song of our hearts.

http://youtu.be/EVTks8uY2W4

This is what happened on a recent evening out in the deep forest. I came by a river under the full moon and was so overwhelmed by the beauty that I had to film it.

Also I had my flute with me...I played my heart out.

OakAshandThorn
22-07-2013, 06:38 PM
T^ Born of Water,
Cleansing, powerful,
Healing, changing,
I am!
(Lindie Lila)

saxonaxe
22-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Made me smile Susanne, I know what you felt. Perhaps the water spirits touched your heart that night, and I'm sure the memory will remain precious..:)

susannewilliams
22-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Made me smile Susanne, I know what you felt. Perhaps the water spirits touched your heart that night, and I'm sure the memory will remain precious..:)

They sure did.

susannewilliams
22-07-2013, 08:41 PM
t^ born of water,
cleansing, powerful,
healing, changing,
i am!
(lindie lila)

yes!

Whistle
22-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Nice notes Susanne ...

very reminiscent of Tim Wheater's playing though he used Bohem system flutes and loads of echo/reverb !!!

I used to take my favourite flute , an Arrie De Keyser blackwood simple system concert flute key of D ,

out to a local disused quarry ... got some natural echo off the rock walls !!!

Sometimes took the Hooligan pipes up there if I didn't want to disturb the neighburs when learning a new tune !!!

Nice to play outdoors for a change when for years it was always pubs , clubs , barndances ,

recording studios and weddings !!! Ha ha ha lol !!!

atb Whistle (also flutes and Irish pipes) 9587

biker-bri
22-07-2013, 10:15 PM
There is something about water that is so captivating - nicely done T^
Cheers Bri

Tommy
23-07-2013, 02:14 PM
T^

susannewilliams
24-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Nice notes Susanne ...

very reminiscent of Tim Wheater's playing though he used Bohem system flutes and loads of echo/reverb !!!

I used to take my favourite flute , an Arrie De Keyser blackwood simple system concert flute key of D ,

out to a local disused quarry ... got some natural echo off the rock walls !!!

Sometimes took the Hooligan pipes up there if I didn't want to disturb the neighburs when learning a new tune !!!

Nice to play outdoors for a change when for years it was always pubs , clubs , barndances ,

recording studios and weddings !!! Ha ha ha lol !!!

atb Whistle (also flutes and Irish pipes) 9587

Oooh beautiful!

Yeah smokey pubs and sweaty studios.... Dzzt

I hadn't played for years, just didn't really have (or make) time to practice. Then I was given this native flute. Well. :-) Now I am playing again. ;-)

shepherd
24-07-2013, 08:01 AM
T^

butchthedog
24-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I enjoyed that, nice to hear something different Susanne. You played it well T^

roberts
24-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Very touching thank you for that sometimes I am in the same place and just wished I could play something ,keep up the good work

susannewilliams
24-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Very touching thank you for that sometimes I am in the same place and just wished I could play something ,keep up the good work

I tell you what. Get yourself a native flute. You will be able to play your heart out in 10 minutes.

It is TOTALLY easy.

susannewilliams
24-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I enjoyed that, nice to hear something different Susanne. You played it well T^

Such an awesome sound. It really plays itself. :-)

OakAshandThorn
25-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I tell you what. Get yourself a native flute. You will be able to play your heart out in 10 minutes.

It is TOTALLY easy.
I've heard quite a lot about Native flutes, and because they are pentatonic (5 note scale), they are certainly easy to play. In fact, many of the earliest flutes in the archaeological record were pentatonic.
I'm a bit of a flautist myself with the Pan-flute/Panpipes :). 'Tis a Magical experience to find a spot where the acoustics are great and play one's heart out. ;)

susannewilliams
01-08-2013, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=OakAshandThorn;91144]I've heard quite a lot about Native flutes, and because they are pentatonic (5 note scale), they are certainly easy to play. In fact, many of the earliest flutes in the archaeological record were pentatonic.
I'm a bit of a flautist myself with the Pan-flute/Panpipes :). 'Tis a Magical experience to find a spot where the acoustics are great and play one's heart out. ;)[/QUOTE

Exactly!!!

http://youtu.be/-Xs_sGDks_A

OakAshandThorn
02-08-2013, 03:58 AM
Wow...very enchanting! You've got the breath vibrato spot-on :D
I've got a place not too far by a tranquil pond surrounded by steep hills - lovely echoes there ;). I may buy myself a camcorder and have a bit of fun sometime :).

susannewilliams
05-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Wow...very enchanting! You've got the breath vibrato spot-on :D
I've got a place not too far by a tranquil pond surrounded by steep hills - lovely echoes there ;). I may buy myself a camcorder and have a bit of fun sometime :).

Please do! I would love to hear you play.

susannewilliams
05-08-2013, 09:08 PM
You guys are so kind with your comments and encouragements.

OakAshandThorn
05-08-2013, 11:12 PM
It may take a little while, though, as I'm currently unemployed :(. But in the meanwhile, you can listen to my Pan-flute teacher on YT - Brad White ;).