PDA

View Full Version : rubbish

roberts
20-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Got home from work last night me and my wife Carole packed and bivied up on Dartmoor for the night watching the sun set over a beer we had a great night but on arriving we had to clear up a whole bag full off other people's rubbish left lying around inc two boxes of matches, careless why do so many people find it so hard just to take it home I don't know.

saxonaxe
20-07-2013, 05:54 PM
The people who do it are used to others clearing up after them. You could hang a litter basket round their necks and they'd still not use it..Don't let it get to you..:)

BJ
20-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Got home from work last night me and my wife Carole packed and bivied up on Dartmoor for the night watching the sun set over a beer we had a great night but on arriving we had to clear up a whole bag full off other people's rubbish left lying around inc two boxes of matches, careless why do so many people find it so hard just to take it home I don't know.

I understand the outrage you feel when you come across rubbish, :mad2: (my pet hate) Lots of people would just leave it there but people with a true respect for the environment remove other peoples rubbish. You are to be commended for your actions T^. Well done, I hope it didn't spoil your trip. :)

OakAshandThorn
20-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Good advice. I find the same problem over here, and I can't tell you how many rubbish bags I have filled, even on short bimbles. The worst (for me) is when they tie bottles high up in trees with horrible knots to undo, and when dog walkers pick up the poo, put it in a small plastic bag (usually green), and then throw it into the bushes in the hopes that "no one will find it". It is for these reasons that I am not at all fond of foolish, drunken teens and many dog walkers.

MadZ
20-07-2013, 09:33 PM
respect to you dude, the place where me and me mate go is pretty good but you do get the few that ruin the great outdoors for others, normally we burn anything man made wood pallets and other things along these lines, it really gets on my nerves that the mass majority of human parasites could not care less about what they drop

seriously it does not just effect the likes of me, you and the others here, but the wildlife, too many animals die because of people being disrespectful to the environment, throwing cans, bags, fishing line etc etc.

Whistle
20-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Roberts ...
I agree with the principle of clearing up after the numpties and try to take away what I can where feasibly possible but I draw the line at faecal , human or dog , waste ... other peoples poo yuck !!!

One dump site I find really hard to understand is the piles of unwanted equipment at Everest base camp ...
there must be hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of equipment up there just waiting to be reused / recycled or up cycled ...

As for all those Hasselblads and buggies on the moon well ... Lol !!!

Cheers Whistle

roberts
21-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the support everyone ' just sometimes you need to air your voice , we had a great night though watched the sun setting and great conversation over a beer

Tigger004
21-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I often stop for my lunch in a place of beauty while travelling around in my van, other people have obviously stopped there previously for the same reason and throw their rubbish out of their car, how hard can it be to leave it in the footwell until they get home?

Grrrrr :mad:

Silverback
21-07-2013, 08:57 PM
the heaviest thing in the world seems to be empty bottles.....they are happy to carry them in when full

Old Guard
21-07-2013, 09:33 PM
The people who do it are used to others clearing up after them. You could hang a litter basket round their necks and they'd still not use it..Don't let it get to you..:)

wise words Saxonaxe - isn't it so sad that as a society we cant do a simple thing like clear up after ourselves