PDA

View Full Version : Another forum to visit!

dave budd
17-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Hello all :welcome: I would've been along sooner to say that but I had to get a show out of the way first :rolleyes:

I recognise a few faces and names here already, which is nice to see (funny how most of you are in Cornwall). For those who don't know me already, a little intro maybe...

I'm not a bushcrafter I'm afraid. It just happens that a lot of the things that are categorised as bushcraft these days also happen to fit in to my everyday life and work. I'm a fulltime knife and tool maker, though I also teach various crafts such as greenwood work, leatherwork, forging, knifemaking, etc. I live on the NE corner of Dartmoor and spend most of my time in the woods where I have my workshop.

A better idea of my little world and what I do is here (http://www.davebudd.com).

When not working I'm either sleeping or having a beer around the campfire, a pleasure I've had with a number of the folk on here :) I'm also a scout leader for my sins, I think it was a case of 'if you can't beat them, then join them' and I try and find any excuse to get them out camping (though its always backwoods and never a proper campsite) and playing (sorry, working sensibly) with knives.

Dunno what else to say, so quiz me if you want to know more :tongue:

Martin
17-11-2010, 11:46 AM
A very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft.co.uk forum Dave. Nice to see you here. Looking forward to quizzing you on all things sharp and shiny. ;)

Martin

greenpete
17-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Dave! Welcome to NBC, hope you enjoy your self here! :)

Matt
17-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey Dave, good to see you here, look forward to catching up soon.

All the best, Matt.

JEEP
18-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Welcome to NBF!

Some amazing work you do there. That GreenMan Pro looks awfully tempting - and that comes from a guy who doesn't own even a single full tang knife.

Regards.

Jakob

dave budd
18-11-2010, 08:08 AM
thanks guys :) I don't visit the smaller forums normally due to the odd little cliques that always exist, but I get a feeling this one is going to be much nicer! Will be interesting to see who else comes along when it all goes live eh?

Matt, I think I'll be having a little jolly at my place over the winter, so we'll have to catch up soon ;) (also I've still got your parang).

Jeep, glad you like what I do. the website is a little out of date in places but I will be spending some wet winter days fixing that. As for fulltangs, me either mate. I prefer stick tangs to use in pretty much every situation, but I have to make full tangs for the paranoid sheeple who think that its the only strong way to put a knife together (despite thousands of years to the contrary!). It's also a good design tool for using micarta and mosaics or filework, so I do sometimes make them by preference.

MikeWilkinson
18-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Dave,

Nice to see you on here, I quite often see some of your posts on the BCUK forum.
I understand your feelings about the little cliques that always seem to appear, however not being from Cornwall and completly unknown to all the members here I have been made to feel most welcome and look forward to exchanging experiances/knowledge and skills on here.

Welcome!

Shewie
18-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi Dave - welcome to the forum :)

JustinTelford
22-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Hi Dave, good to see you here mate, and thanks for supporting us :D

dave budd
22-11-2010, 04:29 PM
ah Justin! I was wondering where you had got to mate! I've just been watching your latest knife review. oh dear... You need a better knife mate :D