PDA

View Full Version : Woodland camp 26/27 July 2013at bush farm wiltshire.near dorset somerset border

fish
06-07-2013, 05:19 PM
heres a chance for those that missed the last one in JUNE,anyone interested in a hang / camp at bush farm at west knoyle? its where the wilderness gathering is held.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7398/9184095501_5bf62ee90b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/9228131@N07/9184095501/)
Easy time ,relaxing. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/9228131@N07/9184095501/) by fishfish_01 (http://www.flickr.com/people/9228131@N07/), on Flickr

SLIGHT CHANGES THIS MONTH!

90% of the attendees have suggested an 'all in' package for the weekend so this i will do this time to see how it works,the july meet will be paid in advance to me to secure the pitches,i have previously been forking out for it from my meager family budget. this is what i propose:

£7.00 pitch fee per night stayed. ( £3.50 for over 4 years old and £7.00 for over 14 years old)This is the normal rate set by the campsite.
£3.00 for the Saturday evening communal meal,kids eat free (just ask previous attendees how good the cooking is!)
£4.00 for a sack of logs from the farm,i am eating away at my logs at home for next winter !lol

so for example if you plan Friday and Saturday night the total for your stay would be £21.00 and worth every penny.

For that money this month there will be a spoon carving workshop on the Saturday as well as ad hoc demonstrations by experienced bushcrafters attending on methods of fire lighting and net making and of course you get the use of all the facilities,toilets,showers,secure parking.

payments in advance would be appreciated by paypal (if you dont have a paypal account then just chat to me by pm) so mrs fish can buy ingredients for the meal and I can secure the 2 pitches needed for the amount of folk that have been attending this increasingly popular event.

If you are unsure if you are attending and need to pay on arrival that is fine,we are just trying to limit the running about during the weekend by the now very pregnant mrs fish!

shops within 3 miles also on site. would be a great chance to have a chin wag,and show of your kit not forgetting the bring and buy/swap table

We are not making any profit on this guys we are just covering the costs ,we can if need be show you reciepts,and we are doing this because we enjoy meeting such great folks.

link to bush farm info:

http://www.bisonfarm.co.uk/index.htm

thanks for looking.

Jon D
06-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Darn, I'm working that weekend! Oh well, roll on August.

fish
06-07-2013, 06:28 PM
yep August could be intresting,mrs fish is close to dropping the baby then,hey we could do a 'how to' on midwifery in the woods! lol

fish
06-07-2013, 06:29 PM
update: mrs fish sayes 'not likely'!

fish
09-07-2013, 07:58 PM
ok guys and gals,we are pleased to announce that there will be workshops at the next meet,thanks to mouse aand tillerman for their input,workshops as follows

Fish will be doing workshops in :

knife sharpening,

Netting needle and spacer carving ,

Spoon carving workshop ,

A tutorial by fish on tools and there use and then a chance to carve your own spoon .

Mouse040will be doing workshops in:

Nett making

A quick demo and then one to one help to make your own net needles can be provided if carving is not your thing

Bush jerky /

From making a traditional jerky stand and then producing jerky over the weekend tasters are given out or make your own batch pm mouse for details as all needed ingredients can be supplied

Thetillerman71 will be doing workshops in:

Basic trapping techniques

This is practical only we do not have permission to trap at bush farm so all traps will be dismantled after demonstration

Fire techniques different techniques and there history

Make your own bow set and create fire by friction

there is no charge for these courses to make the most of the chance to learn some new skills!

hedgemumper
09-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi Fish, is this meet open to anyone...? I've not been on the forum for long and it would be great to meet up with some of you guys...!
Cheers
Paul

Ichneumon
09-07-2013, 09:35 PM
I'll be there and I am bringing some friends from Romania. I'm almost sure Arry will wanna come along and could be bringing a friend or two.

I don't do workshops but if anybody wants to know stuff about stuff I'm happy to share what knowledge I have. Arry and I would be happy to be camp chefs if Mrs Fish wanna put her feet up for the evening.

What's your email address Justin - so I can pay by PayPal?

Wardy
09-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Yet again this sound awesome!!
But I think swimbo has me booked out this weekend if not then I will be there in a heart beat!

Mouse040
11-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Anyone coming along who does natural cordage ?

Badger 73
12-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi all , soz not been on in ages , hope all's well with everyone . I was wondering if it's to late to tag onto this meet . Also wondered if this site would allow me us to bring along our pooch if our boy can't have him for us ?

mrs fish
16-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi all , soz not been on in ages , hope all's well with everyone . I was wondering if it's to late to tag onto this meet . Also wondered if this site would allow me us to bring along our pooch if our boy can't have him for us ?

Never to late to tag along . Sorry no dogs aloud

mrs fish
16-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Come on guys and girls only aweek and a half till the meet up let's get a nice croud of people together

mrs fish
16-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Hi Fish, is this meet open to anyone...? I've not been on the forum for long and it would be great to meet up with some of you guys...!
Cheers
Paul

This meet is open to all!!

MadZ
18-07-2013, 10:39 AM
a little cheeky i know but would be very interested in coming along if thats cool? but just wondered if there is anyone from the swindon area going along? that i could possibly pinch a lift with?? can pay half fuel costs if needs be no problem or if anyone is passing swindon via a motorway or similar i could walk out to a place to be picked up from to save inconvenience of coming through ol swine town

no matter if not ill figure out where it is and maybe make a week of trekking out there in the august meet if its in the same place

cheers madz

fish
23-07-2013, 10:24 AM
you could get a train from swindon to gillingham? then we could give you a lift,its just 5 miles from the train station there.

fish
23-07-2013, 10:24 AM
only a few days till the meet guys,those that turn up on the day please see me on arival and i will sort the money on your behalf to the camp siteand buy the logs,look forwards to meeting up!
we are on pitch 5 for families /disabled and hammocks,pitch 6 for tents and bashas,this is at the requets of the owners as we seem to be flattening lots of foliage?!.....lol

fish
23-07-2013, 10:55 AM
please look out for these signs at the farm and follow to our pitches:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m92/fishfish_01/Song_Camp_Fire_Logo2jpg_zps5d3f5165.jpg

thanks.

MadZ
23-07-2013, 11:05 AM
you could get a train from swindon to gillingham? then we could give you a lift,its just 5 miles from the train station there.

Fish, thanks for the info unfortunately cant make this date defo up for the next one though and if its only 5 miles i can walk that no problem to save anyone having to come get me or wait around etc dont want to put no one out

fish
25-07-2013, 09:32 AM
righto so we have 15 adults booked and paid,so whoes packed ready? lol my kids were packed yesterday,of course the obligatory 20 teddies are packed!

Badger 73
25-07-2013, 04:16 PM
righto so we have 15 adults booked and paid,so whoes packed ready? lol my kids were packed yesterday,of course the obligatory 20 teddies are packed!

I'm just sat staring at my kit ! first meet , don't know what to bring an what to leave , so i reckon i'll end up bringing it all even if i ent sure what it does , :confused2: ah well plenty of space without dog in boot . Really looking forward to it . Safe journey all :camping:

Skate
25-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Should be there tomorrow early afternoon. Bring all your kit Badger 73 that way you won't forget anything :)

fish
25-07-2013, 11:05 PM
lol! looking forwards to it,all the teddys packed !

dont forget your bring and buy items!