PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know what brand these trousers are or know of similar?

ADz
01-07-2013, 02:17 AM
Hi guys,

Does anybody know what brand/model these trousers are (Or others), specifically Brown. I know various brands that do this style but only seen them in olive or grey. I was looking for some brown but ended up getting olive as I couldnt find them.

http://i.imgur.com/XFcDag2.png

FishyFolk
01-07-2013, 07:47 AM
They could be Fjällreven, Gaupa, Norrønna, Exxo, Haglöfs, whatever. They all make them in that style.

Wardy
01-07-2013, 09:10 AM
There look to be fjallraven Barents Trousers - Brown

The bushcraft store sell them

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/fjallraven-barents-trousers---brown-4423-p.asp

(In not connected in anyway to the bushcraft store)

Old Guard
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
£94 bloomin quid, sorry it's ex-military for me ...... Blimey :shocked:

Silverback
01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
the Fjallraven 'Arctic Fox' logo is INSTANTLY recognisable, moreso than some manufacturers IMHO.

Personally I get my trousers off ebay for £25 quid inc postage from a shooting suppliers, soft, silent and water resistant but more importantly comfortable. Like OG there are good mil surplus trousers available that arent camo that are suitable for folks on a budget

ADz
01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
There look to be fjallraven Barents Trousers - Brown

The bushcraft store sell them

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/fjallraven-barents-trousers---brown-4423-p.asp

(In not connected in anyway to the bushcraft store)

Ah in that case I'll be giving that particular brand a miss, way too expensive for me, At least for one set of trousers at this time anyway.

the Fjallraven 'Arctic Fox' logo is INSTANTLY recognisable, moreso than some manufacturers IMHO.

Personally I get my trousers off ebay for £25 quid inc postage from a shooting suppliers, soft, silent and water resistant but more importantly comfortable. Like OG there are good mil surplus trousers available that arent camo that are suitable for folks on a budget

Only to those who have seen the trousres/logo before, After seeing the above link I see what you mean. I got a set of Olive Craghoppers Terrain trousers that look similar for only £28. May grab a set of the Artic Fox at some stage when flush but not yet, Plus Craghoppers are quite decent quality anyway.

Got a linky to that hunting store wayne?

Silverback
01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Only to those who have seen the trousres/logo before

but you have...lots of times you just didnt know it....TreefrogGB's favourite clothing, he was dressed head to foot in it at Lastingham, and Ray Mears wears Fjallraven a lot....

Got a linky to that hunting store wayne?

You may not like them...I do
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COUNTRY-HUNTING-QUIET-TROUSER-PIGEON-DECOYING-SHOOTING-/170534689574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27b4a8db26

ADz
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
but you have...lots of times you just didnt know it....TreefrogGB's favourite clothing, he was dressed head to foot in it at Lastingham, and Ray Mears wears Fjallraven a lot....

Yeah never realized specific make, Just remember seeing a nice set of trousers once in brown. I saw the pic in OP recently and remembered about them. The Fjallraven look like a really nice set and high quality so may fork out at some point, Cant justify that amount of spends on a set of trousers at the moment though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COUNTRY-HUNTING-QUIET-TROUSER-PIGEON-DECOYING-SHOOTING-/170534689574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27b4a8db26

They do look good and have added to ebay custom list for poss future spend. Do you happen to know of any like this similar style in brown?

Silverback
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
They do look good and have added to ebay custom list for poss future spend. Do you happen to know of any like this similar style in brown?

Nope, but I have never seen any with brown knees and seat panels which is why I bought them. I had them on at lastingham, and wore them at recent jobs with schools. Both times they resisted splashes of rain but when soaked they dried extremely quickly....bonus !

ADz
01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Nope, but I have never seen any with brown knees and seat panels which is why I bought them. I had them on at lastingham, and wore them at recent jobs with schools. Both times they resisted splashes of rain but when soaked they dried extremely quickly....bonus !

Indeed. Thnx for link bud.

Silverback
01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
bud.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

ADz
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Sorry, As I said before its just a habbit. :o

FishyFolk
01-07-2013, 04:09 PM

In Scandinavia you'll be swamped with them. I owned a jacket from them once. Very good, but now they have become to pricey fro me. My next pair will probably be a pair of Norwegian army field trousers. Not water proof but can be made quite water resistant, and cost around 20-40£, and will last forever.

But also happy with my current Dovrefjell ones. If they last as long as the pair they "replaced" I will still wear them 10 years from now. And the ones they replaced are now my dry kit extras if I need to bring 2 sets. So those army ones will just be purchased because I want to secure myself a pair before it's to late.

TreefrogGB
01-07-2013, 07:27 PM

Indeed, it helps that i still have contacts in the outdoor trade. I have been a fan of the brand since the 80's when I got my first Greenland Jacket. It suits my build as I'm tall and slim.
Ray is sponsored by the American brand 511 Tactical these days :ashamed:

Silverback
01-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Ray is sponsored by the American brand 511 Tactical these days :ashamed:

True but Adz has ALL his videos and if I remember rightly in those he will mostly be wearing Fjallraven, Swazi and Swanny....

I love Fjallranger stuff too I just cant afford it and it just doesnt fit me very well

TreefrogGB
01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I love Fjallranger stuff too I just cant afford it and it just doesnt fit me very well

Have you tried the 511 stuff ? :evilgrin:

Silverback
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Have you tried the 511 stuff ? :evilgrin:

yup.....

originaloutdoors
02-07-2013, 01:35 AM
I use the 5.11 trousers for work and can't fault them - pockets where you need them, hard wearing and you can insert foam pads into the knee for days where you are kneeling constantly (bow-drill demos anybody?). I have a few Fjallraven pairs and they are good, but like a lot of polycotton trousers they lack stretch and the seams can split under the crotch if you are doing a lot of climbing of fences or over trees.

I wear semi-stretchy Berghaus trousers 90% of the time and use the 5.11s for days where I will be working next to a fire all day and need something at least partially capable of repelling a spark...

Humakt
04-07-2013, 08:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XFcDag2.png

They look like the kind of workmen's trousers you can get in Wickes DIY stores to me. They're in brown as well.

Humakt
04-07-2013, 08:11 AM
I've never owned a pair of the 5.11 trousers, but a friend has a pair and he loves them. They seem a bit too heavy to me, but that's purely a personal thing.

I do own a 5.11 Taclite shirt, and I think it's great. The best 'outdoor' shirt I've ever owned, and I'd buy another without a doubt.

shepherd
14-07-2013, 10:13 AM

i actually prefer the look of these to the original pic in the link... or maybe my brain is just telling me that the £22 ones are nicer than the £98 lol

thanks for the link wayne!

Kernowek Scouser
14-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Wayne, do you know if these trousers are made by Riverside Outdoor or if they are just a retailer for the manufacturer?

I'd be interested in getting a pair, for knocking about around camp in, but with the available waist sizes starting at 42 inches and an 31 inch inside leg, I'd look like a kid in his Dad's pants if I wore the smallest size that appears to be available.

My google fu is weak at the moment and I just keep finding the same info for these pants on Ebay, amazon and elsewhere. If you could let me know who makes these keks, I could contact the maker and see if they actually cater for the chunk Hobbit market.

Thanks,

Colin

shepherd
14-07-2013, 06:04 PM
i never noticed the sizes... id also be very interested in finding them in a smaller size..

Silverback
14-07-2013, 07:45 PM
all i know is it says riverside outdoor in the back of them. The XL size is nowhere near a 42 either more like a 40

Kernowek Scouser
14-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Cheers fella, I've emailed Riverside Outdoor to see if they do little people sizes.

shepherd
15-07-2013, 05:32 PM
could you let us know the outcome bud?

Johnnyboy1971
15-07-2013, 05:57 PM
I looked at the fjallraven and wasn't impressed for the price so ended up with these instead
http://www.riflehuntingonline.com/index.php/products/pinewood_mufflon_hunters_trousers

Kernowek Scouser
15-07-2013, 08:14 PM
could you let us know the outcome bud?
Sure, no reply yet though fella.

Bit late in the day as it looks like choices have already been made, but I feel it would be remiss of me to not mention the excellent BG survivor trousers, in a thread dedicated to pants.

They are lightweight, hard wearing, water resistant to a point and quick drying when that point is reached. Reinforced at the ankles, knees and seat and multi pocketed (nine in total). Plus some come with a little removable waterproof pouch to put you small electricals in. Comfortable to hike in, rugged enough to knock about camp in

I currently have three pairs of BG Survivor keks and if I were to see another pair, in my size, at a price I liked, I would not hesitate to expand my collection to four.

Cracking Pants :D

ADz
07-12-2014, 05:57 AM
Sorry for Necro of thread but just wanted to say I finally decided to grab a pair of the Fjallraven trousers :D

shepherd
07-12-2014, 08:50 AM
T^