PDA

View Full Version : How I set up my DD Hammock

Stamp
23-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I have been asked a few times about how I set up my DD Hammock, so I thought I would make a video to show you all how I do it. Its not a new concept but it works for me.

I bought a new Camcorder from China for £40, I guess you get what you pay for as the sound quality is terrible! I am now in the process of trying to return it (as if!?). So I used my old camera and the camcorder so the sound goes up and down. Hope you can get the idea, although I may remake it at some point with a better camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7EGZ_tuJKA&feature=youtu.be

Yungen of Bury
23-06-2013, 06:21 PM
your right, the audio is terrible, lol. couldnt hear a word unless you were with in 3 ft of the camera..
that aside, thanks for the video! not yet a swinger myself but i like to know what im getting into before jumping in, looks a sound idea.

Silverback
23-06-2013, 06:30 PM
not yet a swinger myself but i like to know what im getting into before jumping in, looks a sound idea.

want to borrow a hammock for the Ruthin meet ?

Stamp
23-06-2013, 06:33 PM
LOL.....

I have been told I need to use a class 10 SD card (didn't know there was such a thing?!) which will give me a better picture and perfect sound! So I have been on Amazon and ordered one to arrive next week. Fingers crossed it sorts the problem out.

ADz
23-06-2013, 06:40 PM
LOL.....

I have been told I need to use a class 10 SD card (didn't know there was such a thing?!) which will give me a better picture and perfect sound! So I have been on Amazon and ordered one to arrive next week. Fingers crossed it sorts the problem out.

All a class 10 card would do is give you better read/write speeds it wont improve quality of video. Your quality is determined by your camera, not card. For example even a class 4 card is ample for writing even 1080p video so whoever told you that is talking rubbish afaik.

Check your camera settings see if its set to a low quality profile by mistake, If so set to a high like 720p/1080p. It also sounds like your microphone is either knackered or just really low quality. You could try and external mic.

Yungen of Bury
23-06-2013, 07:40 PM
want to borrow a hammock for the Ruthin meet ?

oooo yes please! although id need a tarp aswell... got a highlander elite xl sleeping matt though, not sure if that will fit the hammock..

Stamp
23-06-2013, 07:44 PM
All a class 10 card would do is give you better read/write speeds it wont improve quality of video. Your quality is determined by your camera, not card. For example even a class 4 card is ample for writing even 1080p video so whoever told you that is talking rubbish afaik.

Check your camera settings see if its set to a low quality profile by mistake, If so set to a high like 720p/1080p. It also sounds like your microphone is either knackered or just really low quality. You could try and external mic.

The instructions state it requires a class 6-10 card are its the speed of the card that is causing the poor quality, so going to try this before I try sending it back for a refund.

Silverback
23-06-2013, 07:45 PM
oooo yes please! although id need a tarp aswell... got a highlander elite xl sleeping matt though, not sure if that will fit the hammock..

one has a spare tarp too but we may have to beg enough stuff to rig it

ADz
23-06-2013, 07:47 PM
The instructions state it requires a class 6-10 card are its the speed of the card that is causing the poor quality, so going to try this before I try sending it back for a refund.

Strange, never had a problem using below class 6 for HD videos before.

Silverback
23-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Do you do many videos Adz ? Got a link ?

ADz
23-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Do you do many videos Adz ? Got a link ?

I'm talking about personal videos, family outings etc.

Silverback
23-06-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm talking about personal videos, family outings etc.

Ooh personal videos...home movies....say, no more ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7HycFnH26U

Adam Savage
23-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Must say I tried using a class 4 in a standard def camera, and it would only record 16 minutes at a time, before the buffer got jammed and wait for the writing to finish. That was with a Samsung SDV-F40

Use class 10 ultras for all my cameras now, and have no problems with any of them.

True the quality of sound and picture didn't change, just the length of time they could film for in one go.

ADz
23-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Must say I tried using a class 4 in a standard def camera, and it would only record 16 minutes at a time, before the buffer got jammed and wait for the writing to finish. That was with a Samsung SDV-F40

Use class 10 ultras for all my cameras now, and have no problems with any of them.

True the quality of sound and picture didn't change, just the length of time they could film for in one go.

Most likely because it has little or no RAM.

Silverback
23-06-2013, 10:58 PM
and.....back on topic

Thanks for posting Stan, helpful and informayive video for those who want to see another way of setting up of like Yungen those who have never tried swinging before