PDA

View Full Version : Badgers in the woods...

Stamp
09-06-2013, 03:07 PM
I went out to for a camp with the our Naturescraft team and my boys last night. Packing light seems to out the window with two kids in tow...8902
We built a clay oven with a metal dustbin for future courses, and built a saw horse and cleaving break for our craft courses.890389048905
And Jenson loved toasting Marshmellows on the fire 8906

The highlight of the weekend though was Saturday night, with the boys in bed early because they were exhausted Andy headed down to see if the Badgers were active. He came back 3/4 of an hour later with some amazing footage of the Badgers. So I headed down to see if they would come out again for me, I had just got myself settled for a long weight when 30 seconds later a Badger popped up out of the set. And typically I forgot my camera! Three badgers came out to gather bedding, I assume for their young underground. One of them spent about 5 minutes having a good scratch, rolling around on his back and having a great time. I have seen the badgers before but not as bold as this, they were so close to use, Andy climbed a tree and to badgers were walking underneath him. I will upload a video of them as soon as I have access to it.

This weekend will stay with me for many years as one of the best I have had in the woods.

Ehecatl
09-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time. Looking forward to the video.

M@

Silverback
09-06-2013, 03:16 PM
excellent...beats our week...all three of us have been poorly, my missus the latest casualty

Stamp
09-06-2013, 03:19 PM
excellent...beats our week...all three of us have been poorly, my missus the latest casualty

Gutted! hope you all get better soon.

jus_young
09-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Beats mine too. Memories the kids never forget either.

OakAshandThorn
09-06-2013, 04:26 PM
T^ Amazing...the badgers have gifted you and your kids with memories that will stay forever ;).
Can't wait for the video :D

JonnyP
09-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Nice one Stamp.. They are nice woods Andy has eh..

Stamp
09-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Nice one Stamp.. They are nice woods Andy has eh..

Yeah they are great, loads of wildlife and a big estate to roam too T^

snowleopard
10-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Thanks for postingT^

Joel