06-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Here's a new video from Woodlands TV on water purification

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/tv/2013/06/water-purification-in-the-woodlands/

Silverback
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
T^

Tigger004
06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Nice vid, I use a drink-safe straw for personal use and 3 in 1 mirco filter for group and food use (where I need the water in a container other than my big belly, they are excellent and save massively on weight you have to carry, (PS I always have 500Ml of water from home)

http://www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk/

Silverback
06-06-2013, 12:07 PM
I have a straw too, combined with a milbank bag and boiling....I do desire a Lifesaver bottle though

Tigger004
06-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Sapper, my micro filter can be attached to bottles, camelbaks, foriegn water taps and all sorts of other stuff, it looks a bit like a petrol filter from a car, I'd recommend one, watch the videos on drink-safes website, even watched a youtube video where some guy mixed cow pat with water and then drunk it...yuk

Silverback
06-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Sapper, my micro filter can be attached to bottles, camelbaks, foriegn water taps and all sorts of other stuff, it looks a bit like a petrol filter from a car, I'd recommend one, watch the videos on drink-safes website, even watched a youtube video where some guy mixed cow pat with water and then drunk it...yuk

I have a drink safe bottle...never used it, got it cheap off evil bay but never really tusted it - go figure I may just change my view

FishyFolk
06-06-2013, 12:47 PM
I have a drink safe bottle...never used it, got it cheap off evil bay but never really tusted it - go figure I may just change my view

If you make the move to northern Norway one day, you won't have to worry over things like that...unless you insist on drinking from a stream that is downhill from a farm, or industrial waste plant :-)

Silverback
06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
If you make the move to northern Norway one day, you won't have to worry over things like that...unless you insist on drinking from a stream that is downhill from a farm, or industrial waste plant :-)

Ive already done my fair share of wading around in bad water ;) We can only hope the move is soon

snowleopard
06-06-2013, 12:58 PM

I would dearly like to...:)

JulesC
06-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I bought a Sawyer filter from the bushcraft show a week or two ago, I'd looked at that and a life saver and whilst he life saver is perfect it is ££££ the Sawyer does leave viruses if present, but it is highly unlikely that European stream water contains viruses and apparently they are mainly attached to bacteria or deposits so they get extracted in the same way.

My son & I used it last weekend and we're not dead or running to and forth to the loo so I'd say the proof was in the drinking. They're about the size of the pen, but flow rate is good and you can fit a 2l bottle (Coke etc) to its screw thread and pour it out.

I like it they're £50 each but guaranteed for 1 million gallons.

Seemed like a good solution to me. A Millbank would be a useful first part of the process but not essential as it is possible to back flush to clean it out.

Jules