PDA

View Full Version : Aboriginal Style Bushcraft Breakfast

Stamp
02-06-2013, 06:08 PM
I went out this morning for a little breakfast in the woods, decided to make a video for the tube on it as I was planning something a little different.

There are a lot of videos on Youtube with people making breakfast in the woods and using lots of kit, and cooking food out of cans or packets. To me this really isn't bushcraft, its cooking on a fire; which is fine and they are enjoyable to watch. I wanted to make a breakfast that I could of foraged, but Im not one to take eggs from a nest or pouch fish from a river so I got them from the local supermarket.

So I hope you enjoy my little video, I am getting better positioning the camera but I still managed to kit my head off when eating :ashamed:

Honest feedback please, if you think its rubbish and I have a face for radio please tell me:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2d3ooSNFO0

snowleopard
02-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks for posting!

Joel

ADz
02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Thnx for sharing m8, I really enjoy these types of vids, especially the more bushcrafty ones.

The camera angles were quite annoying though. Majority of time you couldn't see any of teh fire/fish or egg.

El
02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Its a good vid ,to me it dont matter what people want to cook,its the fact that they have got off the couch and are enjoying the great out doors that I salute T^

Silverback
02-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Its a good vid ,to me it dont matter what people want to cook,its the fact that they have got off the couch and are enjoying the great out doors that I salute T^

Well said......

Adz await your next vid with aplomb

rawfish111
03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Well said......

I look forward to that.... never seen a Bushcraft vid to do with plumbs..... :zombie-fighting:

Nice vid mate ... no probs at all!

Silverback
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
I look forward to that.... never seen a Bushcraft vid to do with plumbs..... :zombie-fighting:

As long as Adz doesnt show us his i think it will be ok

rawfish111
03-06-2013, 12:09 AM
As long as Adz doesnt show us his i think it will be ok

:happy-clapping:

Wardy
03-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Hey stamp what's your utube account name for some reason that link won't open on my phone.

ADz
03-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Well said......

Was just giving honest feedback as per OP's request.

As soon as its possible for me again I will be out in woods, cooking something up. Will have to try and get a tripod sorted and have a go at the bushcraft breakfast aswell, Not saying my angles are going to be better though ;)

Hey stamp what's your utube account name for some reason that link won't open on my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Stamp535

Silverback
03-06-2013, 10:15 AM
As soon as its possible for me again I will be out in woods, cooking something up. Will have to try and get a tripod sorted and have a go at the bushcraft breakfast aswell, Not saying my angles are going to be better though ;)

Eat your heart out Speilberg ;)

ADz
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Eat your heart out Speilberg ;)

Indeed :o

Stamp
03-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Hey stamp what's your utube account name for some reason that link won't open on my phone.Search for "Stan Pinnock"

Stamp
03-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Indeed :o

Thanks for your honesty, I am trying to get these better but I do the filming myself and its hard to get these things right.

I would get my son to film for me, trouble is I get a lot of close ups of the floor and his face!:jumping-joy:

I really need a propper camers with a screen that will turn around, but funds don't support that currently.....

I enjoy making these little videos which is all that matters;)

Silverback
03-06-2013, 12:28 PM

T^and at least you're out there having a go - well done you

Ehecatl
03-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Stamp - great vid and I learnt about cooking eggs another way (eggs are not my strong point in cooking).

I thought the dog was very photogenic and must appear in the credits of future productions :happy-clapping:

Thanks for posting,

M@

ADz
03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks for your honesty, I am trying to get these better but I do the filming myself and its hard to get these things right.

I would get my son to film for me, trouble is I get a lot of close ups of the floor and his face!:jumping-joy:

I really need a propper camers with a screen that will turn around, but funds don't support that currently.....

Hope to see more soon bud :)

I only mentioned the angles as you asked for honest feedback so hope you didn't take offense. (There are some touchy people about) :D

Anyway, have subbed ;)

Stamp
03-06-2013, 08:46 PM
No offence taken ADz_1983, watching it back I can see your point, i am looking at cameras on eBay to see what i can get.

Thanks Ehecatl. Mickey had his full name in the credits, "Mickey of Wiltshire" :happy-clapping:

Silverback
03-06-2013, 09:02 PM
(There are some touchy people about)

f0rm4t
03-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Another good vid mate.
Look forward to the next one.
T^

Stamp
03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Cheers guys, got to think of another topic to cover for the next vid now.

Silverback
03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Cheers guys, got to think of another topic to cover for the next vid now.

man made v natural tinders.....like an experiment

OakAshandThorn
03-06-2013, 10:43 PM
T^ Love the look of that trout - all the nutrients stay in the fish if you leave the skin/scales on, and it tastes a lot better ;).