PDA

View Full Version : The Island hammock Hang

FishyFolk
27-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Wen't out to one of the hundreds of little islands around here and hanged my hammock, and did some fishing. No luck on the fishing but had a nice little adventure anyway.
It also features a little shoutout to Tony1948 and the Natural Bushcraft community in general :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFjasdS3FAI

JonnyP
27-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Thats a stunning area you live in. Do you get sea eagles up there..? I am wondering how the bones got there. Maybe someone like you fishing.
Lovely axe mask you made there Tony..

alvino78
27-05-2013, 12:43 PM
great vid as always!!! cant beat sausage on a stick!!!T^

Silverback
27-05-2013, 12:44 PM
T^

FishyFolk
27-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Thats a stunning area you live in. Do you get sea eagles up there..? I am wondering how the bones got there. Maybe someone like you fishing.
Lovely axe mask you made there Tony..

Actually a sea eagle passed right over head while I was fishing :-)
They are a common sight here.

FishyFolk
27-05-2013, 01:08 PM
great vid as always!!! cant beat sausage on a stick!!!T^

It's just so convenient when you got a fire going anyway, and leaves no mess at all.

Kernowek Scouser
27-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Great video Rune :D

On a scale of one to ten, the level of envy/jealousy I am feeling about the wondrous part of the world you get to have adventures in, is about sixty seven.

Thanks for sharing.
T^

Atb.

Colin
...and how good is Tony's axe sheath? and how generous was Tony to make it for free?
Top work and top man, Tony :D

Tigger004
27-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Great place, I like your setup

fish
27-05-2013, 08:00 PM
very nice ,wish i was there!

OakAshandThorn
27-05-2013, 11:13 PM
T^ I love those mountains ;)

BJ
28-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Lovely video, really enjoyed watching. Thanks for sharing T^

shepherd
28-05-2013, 03:19 PM
very nice ,wish i was there!

+1

Stevie B
02-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi FishyFolk,
Hi forum members - newbie here.

Loved your video, really interesting.
What a stunning area you live in, very blessed buddy.

How are enjoying the Hornet Hammock now? I've just order one and awaiting delivery tomorrow :)

Cheers,
Stevie

jus_young
02-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Hi FishyFolk,

How are enjoying the Hornet Hammock now? I've just order one and awaiting delivery tomorrow :)

Cheers,
Stevie

Hello Stevie and welcome to the forum, we always look forward to new members joining our community. As a way of saying hello to all the folks on here, please pop into the Intro thread here http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Introduce-Yourself-amp-Welcome-to-the-Community! and let us know who you are.

Cheers

Jus.

FishyFolk
03-10-2013, 04:22 AM
Hi FishyFolk,

Cheers,
Stevie

Welcome in here :-)

The Hornet is great in most ways. But I had to stop hanging the under blanket in between the layers. This as the bottom layer on mine is water proof. So I ended up with condensation forming between the underblanket and the bottom cover.

When I hanged the undrblanket under the whole thing, that problem was solved. Will see about that in the winter though. Was out in a blizzard last winter and hanging the underblanket between the layers was nice then. This does not compress the underbnaket as the under cover just hangs loose under it.

woodstock
03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Thanks for sharing as said by many what a stunning place.

Stevie B
03-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Welcome in here :-)

The Hornet is great in most ways. But I had to stop hanging the under blanket in between the layers. This as the bottom layer on mine is water proof. So I ended up with condensation forming between the underblanket and the bottom cover.

When I hanged the undrblanket under the whole thing, that problem was solved. Will see about that in the winter though. Was out in a blizzard last winter and hanging the underblanket between the layers was nice then. This does not compress the underbnaket as the under cover just hangs loose under it.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the under blanket, reckon I'll try the two sleeping bags approach!
Incidentally, TW have developed a hammock with a built in under blanket.

I would be interested to find out what people think of it.

Stevie B
03-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Hello Stevie and welcome to the forum, we always look forward to new members joining our community. As a way of saying hello to all the folks on here, please pop into the Intro thread here http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Introduce-Yourself-amp-Welcome-to-the-Community! and let us know who you are.

Cheers

Jus.

Hi Jus,

Thanks very much.
I'll head along there now and say hello :)

ammo
03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Great video. You live in a lovely part of the world.