PDA

View Full Version : Rumble.. rumble..

saxonaxe
26-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Went to a local country show today, and while wandering around I heard a squeaking and rumbling behind a display stand and this came round the corner!!

http://i.imgur.com/A79FtX5l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uqn7XgOl.jpg

A man was controlling it from about 20 feet away..For scale the lad in the red hat was about 5 foot tall :D

Silverback
26-05-2013, 06:27 PM
some very skilled modelling there

Tony1948
26-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Iv seen them at the Essex country show there are 2or3 of them................nice.

rawfish111
26-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Easy tiger :happy-clapping:

Silverback
26-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Ob's stürmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns lacht,
Der Tag glühend heiß, oder eiskalt die Nacht,
Verstaubt sind die Gesichter, doch froh ist unser Sinn,

Ja, unser Sinn,

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.

Primerib
26-05-2013, 11:18 PM
from where do you know the Panzerlied?!? It was one of the songs we used to sing during my basic training besides Wildgänse rauschen!

A nice Königstiger but if you would show up with a model like that in Germany at a public fair you would probably get chucked out. No problem building a sherman or a spitfire but if you build a Tiger or Stukka and show it publically you will be branded as a Nazi. Sadly we still have a lot of problems handling our own history.

saxonaxe
26-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Hopefully time will cure that Primerib. There was a military vehicles display at the fair, American Jeeps and 6x6's, British Landrovers from later conflicts and a very nice fully restored Afrika Corps VW Kubelwagen...:)

Silverback
26-05-2013, 11:38 PM
from where do you know the panzerlied?!? It was one of the songs we used to sing during my basic training besides wildgänse rauschen!

;).......baor

rawfish111
26-05-2013, 11:52 PM
A nice Königstiger but if you would show up with a model like that in Germany at a public fair you would probably get chucked out. No problem building a sherman or a spitfire but if you build a Tiger or Stukka and show it publically you will be branded as a Nazi. Sadly we still have a lot of problems handling our own history.

The trouble is that the twentieth century saw the destruction of two generations of Germanic folk on the behalf of stranger peoples and the stigma lasts! As they always say the victor writes the history (HIS STORY) Many of the ancient symbols that were used by the Nazis lead to more not used being branded racist or 'right wing' by the uneducated or the educated (liberal) stupid.

Primerib, rest assured that the Folk/Volk are starting to recognise the ties we always held and the forces that try to divide.

NO MORE BROTHER WARS!

Tigger004
27-05-2013, 08:48 AM
The model is very detailed, you will notice the machine gunner has turned to look at the lad in the hat.

Silverback
27-05-2013, 10:32 AM
The trouble is that the twentieth century saw the destruction of two generations of Germanic folk on the behalf of stranger peoples and the stigma lasts! As they always say the victor writes the history (HIS STORY) Many of the ancient symbols that were used by the Nazis lead to more not used being branded racist or 'right wing' by the uneducated or the educated (liberal) stupid.

Primerib, rest assured that the Folk/Volk are starting to recognise the ties we always held and the forces that try to divide.

NO MORE BROTHER WARS!

Hear hear. swws

Fraxinus
27-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Sadly we still have a lot of problems handling our own history.

I went to see the show Elizabet in Frankfurt am Maine with some friends, just before the intermission a group of brown shirts marched on stage and saluted. The shock in the audience was audible and several people near me started to apologise for it. It took some time to convince them I was in no way upset by it and that as part of an historical play it was an integral part of the story.
That day was a big insight into how many German people feel about those dark times even though they had not even been born then! It is sad that they feel the shame is theirs to bear.

Rob.

Primerib
27-05-2013, 02:46 PM
It's difficult! Here in school you more or less get the guilt fed with every history lesson. For every anniversary of the Reichskristallnacht we had to assemble at the site of the synagoge that burnt that night to repent, excursions to concentrationcamps and so on and so on. And still every year our state has to pay money and more or less gift atomic submarines and other arms to isreal as reparation. One should never forget but this way of dealing with this part of our history...is kind of unhealthy! Not very bushcrafty subject and the matter is far to complicated to be handled in a few sentences.

Fraxinus
27-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Primerib, I agree 100% with you.

Rob.