PDA

View Full Version : Coleman tent - 2 man

Realbark
15-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Anyone got any experience of these tents?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COLEMAN-BEDROCK-2-PERSON-MAN-CAMPING-FISHING-TENT-NEW-/150501384296?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Ten ts_JN&hash=item230a94e068

Thanks

swkieran
16-01-2011, 01:05 AM
i have a bigger coleman tent and its good very waterproof has the one looking at got there weather tech system

shovel reccy
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
i have one of these aswell have not used it yet , put it up in garden over crimbo for a week to see if it leaked ,all good there. some say its no good for anyone over six foot but i have no prob with that as long as im on my own[6foot one]. other than that seems to be ok will be trying it out this year.

Realbark
08-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Still mulling this one over. I have a Vango for my bike trips and a tarp for overnighters but want something i can use on bike or carry if i need to and as small as poss in packdown size. I am 5 foot 14 but dont mind curling up a bit if size is a bit tight. Easy to put up? Easy to put away (with a hangover)?

swkieran
08-02-2011, 08:13 PM
keep us posted realbark as im looking for a smaller tent aswell for trips out,my trusty 5 man coleman is too heavy and also very fiddly to put up in a rush,but great for holidays on proper camp sites :)

Marvell
09-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Me and my hiking buddy have been using Coleman tents for years and they are excellent. I've presently got a Coleman Phad X3, but that's cos there is normally two people in it and we're both well over six foot.

I had a guy on a course who used the one man version of the tent you're looking at and he found it to be too small for him and his kit and it suffered in the wind too.

I can highly recommend Coleman Phad tents in all weathers and reckon the two man would suit you fine.

Saxon
10-02-2011, 09:08 AM
I have a Coleman Dome Tent which I think is called a 'Crestline', probably out of production now but an excellent bit of kit as far as quality and portability is concerned.
Packed it around the lower slopes of the Spanish Sierra Nevada and Portugese Ria Formosa wetlands. Not under very severe conditions but it withstood a few good heavy downpours with no problems.

Marvell
10-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Was it a three pole jobby with two doors? If so, I had one of them for five years after I bought it second hand from my mate (for a pint) and he'd had it another ten years before me. That bad boy took some massive weather in Wales a good few years on the trot.

Saxon
10-02-2011, 11:32 AM
It's a three pole yes Marvel. Two which run in sleeves and cross under the 'dome' in the usual way, and a third which supports a small 'porch', great for cooking under in the wet. Just the one door though, bought in a sale marked "End of line" so I assume it's now old fashioned..http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-043.gif

Marvell
10-02-2011, 12:00 PM
I see them on ebay, I know the one. Mine had no porch, but the internal bit only covered four of the six points of the hexagon which left you with an internal 'utility room' area with a choice of two doors for then the wind invariably changed. Top tent.

Martin
10-02-2011, 12:32 PM
I have an old FazerDome tent which sounds just like the one you are talking about Steve. Was 'state of the art' 15-20 years ago but weighs a ton these days. :(

Martin

Marvell
10-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh, yeah, it was a car camping jobby, for sure.

swkieran
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
i think the older stuff is better in someways, i remember my first ever tent was one of those a frame jobs with seperate groundsheet and fly sheet etc, simular looking to te ones you see in carry on camping lol :),can you still buy a frame tents havent seen one for sale in years

comanighttrain
11-02-2011, 07:49 AM
bah..."weighs a ton"...back when men were men that would be carried in a trouser pocket

Martin
11-02-2011, 07:53 AM
bah..."weighs a ton"...back when men were men that would be carried in a trouser pocket

I quite agree, but, back then, I used to feel like I was floating when I took my rucksack off. These days, I barely notice I have it on, and I'm probably better equipped now than I was in those days. :)

Martin

comanighttrain
11-02-2011, 07:59 AM
haha too true, my dad has some vintage gear in the loft im going to take down and see if anything is salvagable, I'd imagine its either withered or sculpted from bronze though

swkieran
11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
its called the tardis comanighttrain lol :) have fun

Realbark
11-02-2011, 05:01 PM
I decided against the Coleman Bedrock mainly due to internal size as im 6 foot 2. So still on the lookout for something light and compact and not too expensive...........just for one.

YESUMBOS
13-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I purchased a Vango tempest 300 (www.vango.co.uk/tents/tempest-300.html) just after xmas and it has great reviews, D of E etc, on t'internet it ranges from about £78 - £140, I paid the £78 from outback trading .co.uk in helston. (They are nothing to do with me, just liked the service i received there, )
Haven't had the chance to go out in it yet, but it weighs about 3kg, is really small when in its pack, and is a single erect tent.

yesumbos