PDA

View Full Version : Plant Id

DaveyG
13-05-2013, 06:52 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/14/abutaquv.jpg

Hi all anyone know if this is a weed or a nice plant? Taken over a friend's garden?

Stamp
13-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Looks like a lighter to me...............?

:happy-clapping:

Sorry.....

Tigger004
13-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Looks a bit like ground elder (Aegopodium podagraria)...but don't quote me I'm a Novice

If it is, it's difficult to eradicate among other plants

luresalive
13-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Most likely Ground elder, check for a triangular stem

DaveyG
13-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Should I dig out all out our leave a little? Does it flower and look nice? It pretty much covers all the beds at the moment

saxonaxe
13-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Should I dig out all out our leave a little? Does it flower and look nice? It pretty much covers all the beds at the moment

If it is Ground Elder, and it looks like it is to me, you need to wage war on it! :o If you think Bunnies multiply quick you should see that stuff!! Later there will be a insignificant white flower on it but by that time it will have spread out of the border beds and be making it's way into the house. ;) ;)

Seriously, it is very invasive and spreads it's roots everywhere. If you break a root digging it up...the broken bit grows as another plant. When I had a garden I never did get rid of it all, just managed to control it by digging the spreading roots out. It will eventually stifle any bedding plants you put in if you don't control it..

OakAshandThorn
13-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Looks like some type of bramble...then again I don't know much of the plants in the UK ;).

happybonzo
14-05-2013, 05:34 AM
Roundup (Glyphosphate) is the answer. Get the industrial stuff not the rubbish from a Garden Centre