PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Sunshines Water-To-Go bottle

Stamp
10-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I recieved my water-to-go bottle in the post this morning, I had excellent service from Ronnie Sunshines as usual.
I thought I would do a little product review on it. First impressions are good, minimal packaging with no plastic other than a cable tie.
It costs £25 but its on offer at the moment for £35 including 2 spare filters, this allows you to filter approximately 600 litres of water.
I have tried a couple of water sources now, the first test had a strange taste to the water but I think was down to the bottle and filter being new. Further tests have produced little taste in the water.
It took 50 seconds to filter the contents of the bottle which I think is quite good but I've not compared it to any other filter.
The above photos show a before and after filter of the water, I have to say I am impressed with the results, but as I can't test the water I am not able to clarify the results. So far I have had no stomach issues so fingers crossed it gets all the bugs out. I think I will be happier boiling the water regardless of the filters performance just to be sure.

The website states it filters the following
http://www.ronniesunshines.com/bushcraft-camping/water/filtration-system-water-bottle-with-filters.html
Here is a selection of the contaminants we have tested for:

Chlorine

Metals
Chromium Mercury Nickel Copper Iron
Lead Arsenic Gold Silver
Aluminium

Virus
Norwalk Hepatitis A Tota Virus Adenoviruses Enteroviruses Reoviruses

Bacteria
Coliform E Coli Cholera Typhus
Dysentery Botulism Polio Virus Botulism
Vibrio Disease Campylobacteriosis
Leptospirosis – Weils Disease
Legionella (Legionnaires Disease and Pontiac Fever).

Parasites and waterborne pathogens
This list is abridged but includes some of the most recognizable and common problems.

Fasciolopsiasis Taeniasis – Tapeworm
Echinococcosis Ascariasis
Coenorosis Schistosomiasis
Cryptosporidium Tryonosoma (Sleeping Sickness)
Threadworm Guinea Worm
Hookworm Roundworm
Pinworm Onchiocerca
Fasciola Hepatica/Liver fluke

Volatile Organic Compounds including Formaldehyde

I hope you have enjoyed this, my first product review.
Cheers Stan

snowleopard
10-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Sounds impressive!:)

Thanks for posting,

Joel

shepherd
11-05-2013, 10:41 AM
sounds and looks great ... would love to know how it performs when out and about.. keep us posted!

Tigger004
11-05-2013, 10:52 AM
I have used the drinksafe products for a few years now and work extremely well, Both my wife and I have drunk from so pretty foul smelling waterways,

Make sure you always take water with you just incase there are no supplies locally, I have been caught out on mountainous terrain where the usual streams were all but dry,

Also having a strong ziplock type bag enables easy water collection in shallow water without disturbing too much sediment, hope you enjoy it as I have and thanks for sharing with photos, Jeff

cbr6fs
19-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Interesting.

Unable to find any technical data though, anyone klnow if it's a 1 micron or a .01 micron filter?
Must have activated carbon in it somewhere, but the filter doesn't look big enough to hold much, is there a secondary filter in the head?

happybonzo
20-05-2013, 05:29 AM
Many thanks for the heads up and a good review