PDA

View Full Version : Karimor snow boots and danner Cayotes

shepherd
09-05-2013, 10:12 AM
2 pairs of boots i bought recently... Karimor Snow boots and Danner Cayotes..

I bought the Karimors as i work with livestock in very rugged areas and my feet get very cold in wellies so i had a punt at these boots based on the fact they were very heavily lined with what i think is imitation sheep wool and were advertised as water proof... they worked fine for about 2 hours before they split and started to let water p**s in.... would recomend if its abit cold and your walking from your house to your car.. thats it... not meant for hard use.

Bought the danners as i heard they were a quality boot and because they are targetted for deer stalkers and hunters... which means they are designed for the distances and terrains i work in... had them on my feet non stop for about 2 months now with nothing but good things to say about them... very very comfortable from day 1 and never let a drop of water in... also very warm boots with decent socks. normally prefer a full leather boot but with danners your looking at alot more than i like to pay for full leather... but these at around £80 are great.. i even dont mind the realtree camo on the bits that are not leather! treat the leather with a balsum every so often so water just beads up and rolls of them. great boots

hope someone gets some form of help from this!

Matt

snowleopard
09-05-2013, 11:48 AM
2 pairs of boots i bought recently... Karimor Snow boots and Danner Cayotes..

I bought the Karimors as i work with livestock in very rugged areas and my feet get very cold in wellies so i had a punt at these boots based on the fact they were very heavily lined with what i think is imitation sheep wool and were advertised as water proof... they worked fine for about 2 hours before they split and started to let water p**s in.... would recomend if its abit cold and your walking from your house to your car.. thats it... not meant for hard use.

Bought the danners as i heard they were a quality boot and because they are targetted for deer stalkers and hunters... which means they are designed for the distances and terrains i work in... had them on my feet non stop for about 2 months now with nothing but good things to say about them... very very comfortable from day 1 and never let a drop of water in... also very warm boots with decent socks. normally prefer a full leather boot but with danners your looking at alot more than i like to pay for full leather... but these at around £80 are great.. i even dont mind the realtree camo on the bits that are not leather! treat the leather with a balsum every so often so water just beads up and rolls of them. great boots

hope someone gets some form of help from this!

Matt

Thanks a lot for that

JoelT^

butchthedog
09-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Yep, always good to get an opinion on kit especially in a hard working environment. T^

shepherd
09-05-2013, 06:56 PM
thanks guys

Tigger004
09-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I bought a pair of the Karimor snow boots ( they sell two types ) I have to say they have been very good so far, but only really walk cross country and sat around camp, lovely and soft and warm......I try to avoid hard work, so I'll never know about that side of things...ha..ha

jus_young
09-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I bought a few pairs of Cotton Traders snow boots as they were cheap and the kids needed something half decent for the snow. The boots themselves are just rebranded boots that I have seen marked as different brands over the past few months including Karimor.

My son has worn his in mud and snow, rain and shine, as well as using them in numerous football games and cub outings and they are still going strong. Mine were worn at a winter bush meet and worked great at keeping my feet warm in sub zero temps. When I got back home they were somewhat muddy so I just popped them on the trailer to clean later on. Well, several months later I remembered where I had left them and emptied the water out of them before bringing them indoors to dry out and see if they were salvageable. They are just fine and being worn again when out in the garden clearing the scrub and pruning the trees. Can't recommend them enough.

shepherd
10-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Yes there are two typesi believe. The 'snow furs' and 'snow boots' my mrs has the ladies snow furs (they come with blue or pink trim) and she has had no problems with hers which she wears while mucking out the horses etc. But as I said my 'snow boots' are a disgrace.... I hope I just got a one off bad pair, as they are very nice looking boots but when I tried to return them the shop (a local independent camping shop) said they are not work boots and were not advertised as such. Lesson learnt! Ha .... From what you guys have said it sounds li I could have just had a bad pair.. Ill give some other brands a go when the big snow comes again! Cheers guys! Matt

shepherd
10-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I try to avoid hard work, so I'll never know about that side of things...ha..ha

haha T^