PDA

View Full Version : ALDI's Crane fishing set?

HarryLFH
22-04-2013, 04:14 PM
There are three sets of fishing rods in crane 1 telescopic, 1 for flyfishing and another which is 3 pieces.

Did anyone try them? are they any good? for 20 quid for the fly fishing , 12 for the all round and 17 for telescopic is not much but I guess someone should not have much expectation.

HarryLFH
05-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Just for the record, I google it a bit and realize that after 2-3 uses, it would be useless. Loads of the plastic parts which hold the "rod" stable will break. So not worth it.

woodstock
02-10-2013, 09:21 PM
We had some cracking bargains here in Crosshands S Wales from a company called Concord im not sure how far and wide this company is, We got a coastal rod and reel 7.50 original price 69 sea rod and reel original price 89 with a cheaper reel, we got that with the more expensive reel a Shimano 20 the people in the shop were so despondent with their situation they were giving the stuff away some guy bought over 1500 worth in one go.

happybonzo
03-10-2013, 06:38 AM
We had some cracking bargains here in Crosshands S Wales from a company called Concord im not sure how far and wide this company is, We got a coastal rod and reel 7.50 original price 69 sea rod and reel original price 89 with a cheaper reel, we got that with the more expensive reel a Shimano 20 the people in the shop were so despondent with their situation they were giving the stuff away some guy bought over 1500 worth in one go.

Is this the company - http://www.concordextra.com/ ?

woodstock
03-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Is this the company - http://www.concordextra.com/ ?

Thats the one.

NorthernYeti
21-01-2014, 07:32 PM
ive got a few aldi rods.... they all work really well! i have a kids telescopic spinning rod a 5 part 13ft match rod and there 11ft telescopic spinning rod all work really well to be honest the crane stuffs not too bad! the top eyes arnt great but a bit of epoxy can sort that! there spinning tackles really good too!