PDA

View Full Version : BushcraftTools.com

blindgeekuk
15-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Has anyone got any experience of shopping at http://www.bushcrafttools.com/

I made an order 11 days ago, and haven't heard anything since. I've attempted to contact the owner a couple of times, but haven't had a response. If its a case he's just slow, I won't worry too much, but if he's normally prompt, then I'll panic...

Stamp
15-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Not dealt with them nyself, thier feedback on eBay looks ok though. Have you tried calling them?

jus_young
15-04-2013, 12:11 PM
+44 7967 587979 is the advertised contact.

blindgeekuk
15-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Only attempted via email at the moment, I've bust my phone by trying to install an american os update onto a uk phone...

bopdude
15-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Phone number is live, just spoke to him about a Dutch oven, expected delivery date is Friday if I order today. Maybe something has gone sideways on your order ?

Thumbcrusher
15-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I've had a couple of fire pistons off this bloke and he has always been great to deal with. Never had any problems and i've had a couple of freebies in with my order as well.

blindgeekuk
18-04-2013, 05:08 PM
An update on this... The guy finally got in touch yesterday, and said it was sent from the south of France on the 9th, and could take upto 2 weeks. The drill your own fire piston kit I ordered arrived today, postmarked the 10th, and missing the instructions for what size drill bit etc.

A part of me suspects he only emailed me yesterday because I raised a PayPal dispute over the order.

The item itself is very basic, and I've only managed to get one ignition from it, but I suspect that's me at fault rather than the fire piston.

It's a shame the service was so poor, as my wife was thinking of ordering the frontier stove off him to go it our caravan, but now she won't.