PDA

View Full Version : Banshee 200

dean442
29-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Today ive ben out and bought the new Banshee 200 came home and put it up in the garden and was surprised how easy it is to put up and pack away for the money it is very well made and spacious for a solo camper paid £80 for it so for money it is perfect and would recommend it to anyone off out tomorrow night to test it ill let you know how i get on Dean

biker-bri
29-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Don't forget the pickies - we all want to see how good it is.
I had a vango for over 10 years, bought it in a sale for £40 from the outdoor shop in llanberis - sold it last year
for £40 + p n p can't be bad
Cheers Bri

JEEP
30-03-2013, 08:24 AM
I have one. So far I have only used it once; except from the fact that I would really like it to be longer, I am quite happy with this tent.

I am adressing the Banshee 200 shortly in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRcwr9kPdt0

We have, however, had to discontinue Vango at the store - due to massive issues with materials and quality control in some tent models. We have had minimal issues with the Banshee 200 though.

comanighttrain
30-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Nice Video Jeep! We have the same problem with kids here :(

Jefferson
08-04-2013, 07:19 PM
I bought one about a year ago and haven't used it yet.. I just cant bring myself to leave my hammock at home, it's just too comfortable.

jus_young
08-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Used the Banshee at the weekend on Scout camp. Every time I do these camps I dread having to go to ground as I love the hammock so much, then I think about the Banshee and how I should have got something a little bigger. When I get to camp and have spent all of ten minutes setting it up, getting the mat and sleeping bag out and placed everything inside I realise that actually this little tent is ideal and I really don't need anything else for ground dwelling.

ADz
09-04-2013, 12:22 AM
When looking for a tent last year I was thinking about the Banshee however I opted for the Terra Nova/Wild Country Zepyros 1 as it was same design as the Terra Nova Laser but 1/4 of price :D.

EJS
09-04-2013, 07:10 AM
how heavy / practical to carry are these? id like one

Bob W
09-04-2013, 09:29 AM
I've got the earlier model than the one in Jeep's video. The inner has to be hung first then the fly sheet goes over. I wish I'd knew they were going to revamp it, but it's still a great little tent.

It weighs in at 1.9kg and is about 480mm x 180mm, but that's in a banshee 300 stuff sack I blagged for mine to make it easier to stuff. I can also get my sleep mat in, which, to be honest wasn't a consideration at the time.

Jazz006
02-06-2013, 09:40 PM
We looked at the 200 but instead went for the 300 as lots more space but not too much extra weight. Have used it in some pretty awful weather and its been a solid little tent

jus_young
03-06-2013, 06:17 AM
I went and bought a Wild Country Zephyros 1 Lite and much prefer this to the Banshee now. A little longer in length and raised ends that my feet and head no longer touch. Much lighter in weight too. Only issue I have found so far is the amount of condensation...