PDA

View Full Version : Donations mod ofr forum

ADz
13-03-2013, 08:10 PM
I think it would be a good idea to install a vB donations mod so that it could integrate the donations into back-end of site. That way donators could have various little rewards automatically given like more pm space, titles, username color etc. Either that or use the built in vbulletin subscriptions functionality.

Silverback
13-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I think it would be a good idea to install a vB donations mod so that it could integrate the donations into back-end of site. That way donators could have various little rewards automatically given like more pm space, titles, username color etc. Either that or use the built in vbulletin subscriptions functionality.

No idea what your saying but it sounds good ;)

Silverback
13-03-2013, 08:43 PM

rawfish111
13-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Sapper your inbox is full mate

Silverback
13-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Sapper your inbox is full mate

sorted

Realearner
13-03-2013, 10:47 PM

Got +1 for that

ADz
13-03-2013, 11:37 PM

Well basically its a way of integrating donations into forum side of site so that when somebody donates their profile is automatically updated with custom title or promoted usergroup like VIP or Donator, supporter, given access to special forums or given small rewards like more space in PM system etc, all this is customizable by Admin. The forum is made by vbulletin and comes with its own in-built donation system like other forums do aswell as options for addons that give more functionality/features.

Sar-ian
13-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Well basically its a way of integrating donations into forum side of site so that when somebody donates their profile is automatically updated with custom title or promoted usergroup like VIP or Donator, supporter, given access to special forums or given small rewards like more space in PM system etc, all this is customizable by Admin. The forum is made by vbulletin and comes with its own in-built donation system like other forums do aswell as options for addons that give more functionality/features.

couldn't have put it better myself....

Silverback
14-03-2013, 12:10 AM
wot e said

happybonzo
14-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Just being able to contribute something to keeping Natural Bushcraft running is reward enough for me - no wah

ADz
14-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Just being able to contribute something to keeping Natural Bushcraft running is reward enough for me - no wah

Ok maybe "reward" was wrong word to use, They're more of bonuses. Its not about been rewarded or buying things its just about little bonuses for supporters. Its pretty much standard on all forums/sites and would make a cool addition to NB to have more PM space (50 is just waaaay too low imho) or ability to change title, name color etc etc etc.

Realearner
14-03-2013, 06:41 AM
What we donating, a kidney or something :confused2: got to admit I just like to go on NB and read contribute and learn, I've never had any other problems?

ADz
14-03-2013, 07:13 AM
What we donating, a kidney or something :confused2: got to admit I just like to go on NB and read contribute and learn, I've never had any other problems?

Who said anything about problems??

Also this is the feedback forum so I gave feedback/suggestion, If you don't like it then its your problem not mine.

happybonzo
14-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Ok maybe "reward" was wrong word to use, They're more of bonuses. Its not about been rewarded or buying things its just about little bonuses for supporters. Its pretty much standard on all forums/sites and would make a cool addition to NB to have more PM space (50 is just waaaay too low imho) or ability to change title, name color etc etc etc.

Fair comment

My experiences of other forums that I have been involved with -

Having increased the limit on PMs to 100, people then wanted 200. This had to be paid for with the service providers we were using
I would add that the forum involved had got so big that we could no longer effectively use "free" platform software, so it had to be paid for

I think that the worst thing one forum ever got involved with was T-Shirts/Polo shirts with the logo printed and/or embroidered on them. Loads of interest and we sold 3 :(

Before I put my foot in it, what "Bonuses" you would suggest for supporters? Please remember that some-one has to administer all this and that Ashley, the site owner, only has a couple of part time Moderators to help him.

Realearner
14-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Who said anything about problems??

Also this is the feedback forum so I gave feedback/suggestion, If you don't like it then its your problem not mine.

Easy tiger, my knowledge of these computer thingys is very limited, and in a jokey way was joining in sorry if it upset your feelings :mad2: there was no malice intended, but would like to know in lay mans terms what you are saying :zombie-fighting:

ADz
14-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Easy tiger, my knowledge of these computer thingys is very limited, and in a jokey way was joining in sorry if it upset your feelings :mad2: there was no malice intended, but would like to know in lay mans terms what you are saying :zombie-fighting:

Sorry, Thought I had explained it simply enough in second explanation I gave? :confused2:

Realearner
14-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Sorry, Thought I had explained it simply enough in second explanation I gave? :confused2:

No your dealing with a ludite :zombie-fighting: and seriously if it works it's good for me ha ha!!

Silverback
14-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Know what I like about this site ?

Apart from the mods we are all the same but still unique and that the features it has are already free. We have a nice, calm and essentially self moderating forum based on mutual respect. Allowing people to donate to get special privileges or elevate status isnt something. I'd like to see.

Yes I suppose I'd like more pm space but I dont think its so bad at the moment.

biker-bri
18-03-2013, 10:40 PM
You don't have to delete any of your PM, you can archive them to a separate folder if you want to keep them - I believe the folder
would be on your own pc and would not clutter up the server NB uses - I eat walkers deep ridged crisps PROBLEM SOLVED :jumping-joy:
Cheers Bri

alvino78
01-04-2013, 06:53 PM
know what i like about this site ?

Apart from the mods we are all the same but still unique and that the features it has are already free. We have a nice, calm and essentially self moderating forum based on mutual respect. Allowing people to donate to get special privileges or elevate status isnt something. I'd like to see.

Yes i suppose i'd like more pm space but i dont think its so bad at the moment.
+ 1 well said sir

Chubbs
05-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Know what I like about this site ?

I have been lucky enough to have spent time with a few of the guys and gals at local meets since I have been on the forum. What strikes me is that everybody is chilled, there is no pretence from anybody and you are not judged on what kit you have, how much you know about bushcraft, the list is endless. Since our meet last week at the Cornwall RV I have invested in some more kit. I always thought that I would try a couple of meets to see what it was like before I spent any more money on kit. To be honest, I love it.

If it wasn't for this forum and the way it is run, I probably wouldn't have ever joined a bushcraft forum.

Don't change it when its not broke. Messages can be saved in a file on your computer within seconds so why increase the capacity. I think that the majority will agree that having special privileges will just divide the forum members as it can be plainly seen on other forums.

Keep it as it is.

Cheers Neil

Tony1948
05-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Ya Neil wot you said

Ehecatl
05-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Ya Neil wot you said

Tony - wot you said about wot Neil said.

M@

rawfish111
05-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Tony - wot you said about wot Neil said.

M@

yup

Yungen of Bury
05-04-2013, 11:48 PM
i agree with both sides of the 'arguement' incentives to donate is a good idea, but making donaters 'special' creates an us and them mentality, and i utterly despise us and them mentalities, a good idea though.. would be a nice idea to have a section on the home page just to say thankyou and name those that have donated, maybe an occasional special mention for repeat donaters.... if only for the day, or day after the donation...
or maybe even an end of month/year report on those that have donated...
but again i wouldnt want it turn into a list of, these are the people who really care, take note you free-loaders.. the very mentality of the forum is a share and share alike.. im a firm believer in freedom of thought and information and wouldnt want to jeprodise that for any amount of server space or sparkly name tags... at the same time though, servers arnt free, it has to be paid for some how and if it suits the ethos of the community to keep those contributors silent then so be it, but personally i would like to know who to thank for helping to keep this site alive.. aside from ashley of course..

Ehecatl
06-04-2013, 03:26 PM
.. would be a nice idea to have a section on the home page just to say thankyou and name those that have donated..

There's already one on right hand side of the home page roughly half way down.

M@