PDA

View Full Version : English Weather 11th March 2013

Tony7
12-03-2013, 11:08 AM
What a day this was for contrasting weather, I had been walking along the coast (Southport Mersyside) The sun was shining and I was quite warm, now and then a large cloud would block the sun, and it would go quite cold, so a mix of hot and cold, I decided to make myself a brew and found a nice spot close to a marsh, so put my poncho down to sit on, broke out my gear, set my stove up lit it, put water on the boil, and I was happy as larry it was warm, nature all round me, looking at birds with my binoculars and thinking this is the life, Brew was made sipping my coffee. next thing I know sky went very gray quite quickly, the wind picked up then heavy snow mixed with hail fell, and the temperature fell right down very cold very quickly, and looking at the same seen you would think it was a different day, all white with snow and dam cold, I was so glad I had good gear with me, which kept me dry and warm, so there I am sat down brew not even drank, thinking can you believe that ha ha. it made me think that you cannot take nature for granted not at all, guess the moral of the story is always try to be prepared while your out there, be safe guys and enjoy the great outdoors Tony........:campfire:

Humakt
12-03-2013, 01:27 PM
***Pedant hat on...***

I notice you wrote this post 'Today'. And today is the 12th of March. Just saying.

***Pedant hat off...***

But, yes, it is right proper mad weather. I've just been out for a walk, and I think I over did the layers - got right proper sweaty. But that wind does have a spiteful edge to it and my cheeks are all red and rosy now.

Tony7
12-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi still not sure what I'm doing on the post sorry, it was yesterday I was out the 11th wrote the thread today. Glad you had a nice walk, what surprised me was how quickly the weather changed from good to quite bad, I had a lot of gear on so was chuffed I did your never quite sure with our weather ha ha

fish
12-03-2013, 11:44 PM
top chap.

Al21
13-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Glad to hear you got out and enjoyed yourself. I think the old saying of 'if you don't like the weather, just wait ten minutes' very appropriate at the moment.

Al

Tony7
13-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Ha Ha your right, going out for a few hours this afternoon will be on my Gard lol sunshine hear and blue sky's happy days

nilo52
14-03-2013, 12:55 AM
It was 84F here ! Gotta love California.

Tony7
14-03-2013, 08:30 AM
wow California sounds great as this morning we have frost, just been out for gas we just say petrol. Nilo

Realearner
14-03-2013, 12:16 PM
been to California, must have been unlucky as weather similar to here at the time, actually more snow as could not get into Yosemite. And Windy all along the coast, so grass not always greener ;)

Tony7
14-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi Realearner that would just be my luck buddy ha ha lol, once went to Spain and got a lot of rain for three days thunder lighting ha ha our weather is very strange these days though, the winter feels very long this time round, with all that rain last year as well. but happy days we have had four days mostly dry and good to get out in.

nilo52
14-03-2013, 11:36 PM
been to California, must have been unlucky as weather similar to here at the time, actually more snow as could not get into Yosemite. And Windy all along the coast, so grass not always greener ;)

Sorry the weather was like the UK when you came over ! Today the temp was 88F (a new record, last time it was this warm it was 1916 on this date ! ) Let me know when you make your next visit an I'll tell the park to do better. :Sorry: nilo52

freedom
15-03-2013, 12:41 AM
I was out the same day Tony7 around the same area and the weather did turn quickly. Up by the Freshfield just inland I find someone had contructed a shelter, it was pretty good.

Realearner
15-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Sorry the weather was like the UK when you came over ! Today the temp was 88F (a new record, last time it was this warm it was 1916 on this date ! ) Let me know when you make your next visit an I'll tell the park to do better. :Sorry: nilo52

I might just have to hold you to that, thinking 2015 just to give you notice :)

Tony7
15-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Yes I've come across shelters in the woods at the back of the little RAF airport here, Freedom. and found traces of old camps etc. it's a lovely aria I'm still new to it really