PDA

View Full Version : Been Hedge Laying Today

Stamp
23-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I've a good day out hedge laying today, we have a long stretch to lay on part of the national cycle way near Swindon.

Tools of the trade all packed up in the car, the chainsaw wasn't required today as the hedge was only 10 years old but its best to have it and not need it as thay say.

The hedge is one of the best I have had to lay, no large diameter stems to cut and almost no litter to pick up!

We had light snow most of the day which added to the atmosphere and my chainsaw trousers kept the cold out well.

The guy who came to show the team how its done was Clive Leeke http://www.traditionalhedgelaying.co.uk/index.htm he's a top bloke and full of knowledge.

I had a great day, as i have some experience I was able to make progress without much guidance. Now and again Clive ducked in to point out an easier method or to borrow my gransfers! He was really into his tools so my silky and antique bill hook (new ones don't cut it for me) also became a talking point.

We have a lot more to do before the end of March, so expect more pictures ;)

rawfish111
23-02-2013, 05:50 PM
T^

beermaker
23-02-2013, 05:59 PM
looks like a good and enjoyable day :) nice chainsaw too! makes my trusty old Stihl look like it came out of the ark!

Stamp
23-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Its a cheep £100 one, nothing fancy....

I will get a decent one when I start getting more work in to pay for it.

luresalive
23-02-2013, 06:12 PM
great job!

beermaker
23-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Looks good for a hundred quid! Love my old stihl, just keeps going and going. Its older than me and still starts first time.