PDA

View Full Version : A complete failure on two levels

FishyFolk
09-02-2013, 05:34 PM
I was out today and really disapointed myself, as I see it I failed on two levels on this trip.
First I forget my frying pan, when the whole purpose of the trip was to cook a meal in the woods.
Then I just cave in, and throw in the towel, and fail to improvise...I had plenty of other things I could have used. A spade, a steel cup, and a kettle...

Well, well, other than that I actually enjoyed myself out there. But lessons learned are:

1. Plan better and make sure everything is there before packing.
2. Learn to improvise, adapt -> over come!

Well, well, her eit is for all the world to see :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja9z953ubEU

treefrog
09-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Nice to get out in the bush and have a fire anyway, eh Rune? I'm always in a rush to get to all my traps and cover as many miles as I can so I never take the time to sit down and have a fire and some lunch. You've inspired me to make the effort to relax and enjoy the day!

Jack

FishyFolk
09-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Us northern boys are heading into a fine time for that, jack. The light is returning with the sun, and normally this time of year, so it's definatly time to slow down and enjoy it.
BTW the whole landscape was criss crossed with animal tracks. Mostly hare, mice, and stoat (Mustela erminea) + some fox and moose :-)

Rune

ian c
09-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Its good to see you out an about again, shame you forgot your frying pan.

macworm
17-02-2013, 01:09 PM
I would say your trip was a success mate, you learned a lot about your equipment, your skills and your where your heading. Id say well done loved the video, saw you make a lot of the same mistakes I did i.e. I forgot my kettle one trip but worse i forgot the milk lol. Just curious could you have not used the snow shovel to cook on ? it sounded like it was metal. never mind loved the video you made me laugh so big thumbs up. Cant wait to see more. And IMO def not a fail trip.

Ehecatl
17-02-2013, 02:36 PM
(Reads Rune's footer.) Forgetting your frying pan was just bad luck, that's all :happy-clapping:

nilo52
17-02-2013, 03:16 PM
That was FUNNY !!

My grandfather always said; "You got today and tomorrow grandson. Don't let it get YOU DOWN ! "

And "Some days YOU get the bear, and some days the bear gets YOU"

Hang in there man, at least you got out in the outdoors !
nilo

FishyFolk
17-02-2013, 03:20 PM
He he

wildish64
17-02-2013, 05:33 PM
rune,your video had me in stitches!!
a suicidal pulk and a sugar pot that needs stabbing so it will conform,i had to put the kettle on out of apathy lol
am really looking forward to the next installment of 'bumbling bushcraft' lol
was strange hearing your voice too,i forget you have an accent,it doesnt come across in your posts ....in fact you sound like me when i read them ;)

nilo52
17-02-2013, 07:53 PM
No, He sounds like ME when I read his posts I think he is a very cool guy. he looks exactly what I think a guy from Norway should look like. Me, I look like an old Okie myself :rock-on:]
rune,your video had me in stitches!!
a suicidal pulk and a sugar pot that needs stabbing so it will conform,i had to put the kettle on out of apathy lol
am really looking forward to the next installment of 'bumbling bushcraft' lol
was strange hearing your voice too,i forget you have an accent,it doesnt come across in your posts ....in fact you sound like me when i read them ;)

Silverback
17-02-2013, 07:54 PM
how did i miss this gem ?