PDA

View Full Version : Cornwall RV 2013

GlenM
27-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Just booked...........can't wait........crack on !

Glen

Chubbs
27-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi Glen

Booked this before Christmas but haven't paid yet. Have you just booked the places and awaiting an email.

Cheers Neil

Martin
27-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Pay on the gate when you get there. Just get your name down so you don't miss out on a place. It's a huge wood, but they limit places.

Martin

Ashley Cawley
31-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Event Page is here (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/events/cornwall-rv-2013-29th-march-1st-april.html).

Chubbs
31-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Pay on the gate when you get there. Just get your name down so you don't miss out on a place. It's a huge wood, but they limit places.

Martin

Thanks Martin

rawfish111
27-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Ok is there a family price or all on an individual basis, are kids under a certain age free? having 6 chimps this will run me £75 before fuel/scoff etc. so I need to plan this one. If very young ones aren't free then you can sod off for next year as #7 is on the way! ;)

JonnyP
27-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Ok is there a family price or all on an individual basis, are kids under a certain age free? having 6 chimps this will run me £75 before fuel/scoff etc. so I need to plan this one. If very young ones aren't free then you can sod off for next year as #7 is on the way! ;)

Not sure on that.. Give Spanner a shout..

harryhawk
28-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Scott, I'm coming for the title!!!!!!:mad2:
The wife & girls booked into Meadow Lakes holiday complex 4 miles away. Ben & I will be joining you guys from Saturday.
Looking forward to catching up with you guys again. It's been a long time...Err...12 months...or a year:)

leon-1
02-03-2013, 04:14 PM
I'll see you there.

Raven
16-03-2013, 08:42 AM
booked for me and Ryan, and the lovely Cassie(dog) will be joining us this year to, lets hope she doesn't go walkabout again!!

rosseveritt
16-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Jan, Cheyenne and I should be there from Saturday to Sunday. Cya there. :)T^

JonnyP
16-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Looking forward to it as always. Will be good to see you guys again :0)

jus_young
16-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Been waiting for this one for ages, never seems to come round quick enough. The whole family enjoy the RV and this year we will be arriving with a varied selection of tents, hammocks and tarps as the ladies want the luxury of the tent whist me and the lad will be taking to the hammocks. Bit nervous though as this will be his first time out tree dwelling, although he will probably end up overheating rather than getting cold by the time I have finished being over cautious!

Waiting for a good catch up around the fire too.

rawfish111
16-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Found out I will be at sea so hoping the weather turns windy then I can nip down!

The Joker
26-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Not long now and I'm looking forward to it:-) .....Well apart from the drive:-(

Kernowek Scouser
26-03-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm going to miss it this year and I'm rather gutted, but I hope you and all the other NB ers who make it have a wonderful time.

Look forward to the tales and the pictures.

The Joker
26-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm going to miss it this year and I'm rather gutted, but I hope you and all the other NB ers who make it have a wonderful time.

Look forward to the tales and the pictures.

Ya cant miss it, your a local ;-)

jus_young
26-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Its going to be a cold one, SWMBO is shivering just at the thought of it! Think I will have to keep a couple of blizzard bags handy for the females in the family. The boy is a bit gutted now aswell, I have told him that his first night in a hammock may have to wait a little longer if the nights are getting down to freezing.

The Joker
26-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Its going to be a cold one, SWMBO is shivering just at the thought of it! Think I will have to keep a couple of blizzard bags handy for the females in the family. The boy is a bit gutted now aswell, I have told him that his first night in a hammock may have to wait a little longer if the nights are getting down to freezing.

If ya made up an area for him in the tent, that way if he gets cold he has a bolt hole. My boys looking forward to his first hammock night in April.

jus_young
26-03-2013, 05:08 PM
If ya made up an area for him in the tent, that way if he gets cold he has a bolt hole. My boys looking forward to his first hammock night in April.

Did discuss this with the wife last night. Just not sure if its worth the hassle of me not sleeping all night because I would be checking him all the time.

Kernowek Scouser
26-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Ya cant miss it, your a local ;-)
Tell me about it, hoping to head up to Ladock (http://www.woodlandvalley.co.uk/) when the knee is up to it and family commitments allow me to get away; to cheer myself up.

JonnyP
26-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Not long now and I'm looking forward to it:-) .....Well apart from the drive:-(

You got it easy Pete.. I got to go up past your place, pick up my two herberts as soon as they pack up from school, and then drive back to the RV.
I expect KP will be in his hammock, but Ella bella will be in the lavvu on a bed of sheep n lamb fleeces. Hammock for me and Janie will be in the pikey wagon.
Can't wait :0)

The Joker
26-03-2013, 07:14 PM
You got it easy Pete.. I got to go up past your place, pick up my two herberts as soon as they pack up from school, and then drive back to the RV.
I expect KP will be in his hammock, but Ella bella will be in the lavvu on a bed of sheep n lamb fleeces. Hammock for me and Janie will be in the pikey wagon.
Can't wait :0)

Shame I've not got a bigger motor, could have picked-em up for ya! yup I'll be hammocking.

leon-1
28-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Pack your thermals and a good sleeping bag Pete. I got back from there last night, having spent the last three days there I can tell you it was cold at night. Temperature has been dropping quite drastically around 1830hrs.

The forecast is changing all the time, I don't think the weather men have an idea of what's happening at the moment. Yesterday morning we had beautifull sunshine, yesterday afternoon we had snow.

On the upside the chap dealing with the larch is gonna sell good dry hardwood logs in bags for around a couple of quid from what I understand, so there is an availability there if people want or need it.

Neil and I should get there on Friday evening if all goes well. We'll see you then.

Chubbs
28-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I spoke to my boy this morning about it and suggested doing just one night instead of the two. Now I am thinking that if we bring more sleeping bags than what we need we should be ok. I am going to bring four or five bags of firewood with us so it gives us a headstart. I still don't know whether I should bring my hammock or both of us just bunk in the tent.

The Joker
28-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Pack your thermals and a good sleeping bag Pete. I got back from there last night, having spent the last three days there I can tell you it was cold at night. Temperature has been dropping quite drastically around 1830hrs.

The forecast is changing all the time, I don't think the weather men have an idea of what's happening at the moment. Yesterday morning we had beautifull sunshine, yesterday afternoon we had snow.

On the upside the chap dealing with the larch is gonna sell good dry hardwood logs in bags for around a couple of quid from what I understand, so there is an availability there if people want or need it.

Neil and I should get there on Friday evening if all goes well. We'll see you then.

Cheers Leon, Carinthia bag it is then (comfort rating -30 toasty). Look forward to seeing you both.

Ashley Cawley
29-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Currently packing for the RV
:happy-clapping:

Scott
29-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Trust you to leave it to the last minute. See you down there later

Chubbs
29-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Currently packing for the RV
:happy-clapping:

Most of ours was packed last night. Just have to take the spatchcock chickens out the fridge, whiskey out the cupboard, and we are done.

This is going to be a good weekend. :jumping-joy:

Ashley Cawley
29-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Trust you to leave it to the last minute. See you down there later

Alright Mr Perfect!...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/218966/Forums/NBC/images/scott-650px.jpg

Bring it on!

Ashley Cawley
29-03-2013, 10:03 AM
What's all this talk about cold eh? - Pah!

Perfect timing for me to showcase my new line of onesie's...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/218966/Forums/NBC/images/nbc-onesie.jpg

* Scott - Your order has turned up I'll get yours to you this weekend mate.

Ehecatl
29-03-2013, 10:08 AM
T^

Chubbs
29-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Leaving now, see you all there !!

Scott
31-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Good time this weekend thanks to all involved

fergus77
01-04-2013, 08:25 AM
What a great weekend, again. Many thanks to all that I met and made this RV one of my fav's yet. Met old friends, met new friends, and just relaxed. Thanks to all at Natural Bushcraft, your a great bunch of people and so enthusiastic about the subject we all love.
Many thanks :o)

Ashley Cawley
01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
It was really great to see everyone again. :o

Fergus I got a good shot of your shelter mate:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/8610053814_62015715b2_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleycawley/8610053814/)
IMG_0901 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleycawley/8610053814/) by Ashley Cawley (http://www.flickr.com/people/ashleycawley/), on Flickr

If anyone else is interested I've got some more photos here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleycawley/sets/72157633136832446/) but not many, infact I took the least amount of photos of all my years at the RV.

I really enjoyed blacksmithing with Tristan Kessel, I've never got into it properly with the right tools & expertise to hand but I really enjoyed making that tripod when I got going.

That parachute shelter we setup was cosy as well.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8383/8609094975_2dffcd3b22_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleycawley/8609094975/)
Phil's Parachute Tipi Shelter (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleycawley/8609094975/) by Ashley Cawley (http://www.flickr.com/people/ashleycawley/), on Flickr

fergus77
01-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Lovely shot Ash, actually makes it look warm and comfier than what it was!!!

Loved Phil's parachute shelter, luxury living indeed

Ehecatl
01-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Great photos - Thanks Ash

Roadkillphil
01-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Amazing photos!! I had a fantastic time. Was nice meeting new friends and catching up with old friends too. I spent some quality time with my kids and learnt some new skills too. For me, this year is all about massive changes, the RV and the kind folk there have given me reassurance that the rocky road ahead will smooth out soon enough. Massive thanks to everyone, in particular Jonny, Janie, Ash and Tristan :)

rawfish111
01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
T^

JonnyP
01-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Superb weekend.. That was loads of fun.. Will try n pinch some pics off Janies camera to stick on here. I got me some bargains in the bushcraft boot sale including a buffalo sleeping bag, which I have wanted for years. Janie bought me a fantastic woollen n ventile gilet made by Neil Andrews from Greencraft. I also met up with me old mates and met new people too which was nice.
I did a fire by friction demo n hands-on, and three people got an ember on the bowdrill for the first time and five youngsters got an ember using the five man fire bow. That really made my weekend seeing all those happy faces.
Last year I failed at the bow drill demo, I just could not get it to work. I guess cos it was so wet, so this year I put in an extra effort and got me the biggest ember I have ever done, with it glowing in three places in a heap of powder. Amazing what a bit of dry weather can do eh.. Lessons to be learn for me there..
I did not do my pole lathe stuff this year cos I wanted to mooch a bit more which was nice. I might do something different next year.. We'll see.
Fergus.. Top chap, nice to see you on here. Thanks for the laughs chap :0)
Pete.. Good to see you down my end. Please keep the money you owe me n stick it on your fat bloke in the woods challenge.. Bolder.. STICK IT ON THE FAT BLOKE IN THE WOODS FOR A MONTH CHALLENGE. In-house joke there.. :0)
Matt.. I want your dog
Justin.. I want your dog
Phil.. I want your ferret.. (and Janie wants your daughter lol) And good luck in your new venture chap. Exciting times that you wont regret me thinks. We only get one go at all this nonsence so go with your heart mate :0) Give us a shout if you need eh..
Neil.. Thank you for the jacket n sleeping bag and all the best in your new life mate. Exciting times for you ahead..
Leon.. Thanks for the talk on electrons at about 2:30 am lol.. I do remember and learnt from that mate. I do love to learn new stuff about fires.

I am sorry I did not get around all the camps, I was having me such good fun at the pub that I kind of forgot that I said to myself I would go n see all the out camps this year.
Dave.. Thank you for the spoon knife for my lad.. He has already made up a handle on the lathe and I have sharpened it up for him.
Biggest thanks goes to the Footsteps team.. Janie n me do a bit of helping out for them (esp Janie) and see all the work they do in putting this on.. They don't make much money at all from this and there is a hell of a lot of work involved in set up n clear up so thank you Spanner, Mark n KP.
Good to see all you guys there, you are great guys one n all and its a pleasure to spend any time with you all.
Will get some pics up soon :0)

Bin busy on here I see. I will try to catch up when I get my kids back to their home..

Basha72
01-04-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm really regretting not going this year now reading all your comments ;-) had I not been running a foraging weekend the week before, the Missus would not have been best pleased ...... 2014 me and the kids will be there ;-)

HedgeComber
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Best weekend of the year, and great to see you all again.

Pete, you rock :)
Phil, Jonny was wrong, I'd happily rehome your daughter or your ferret. Great to see you sleeping in a pile of leaves whilst Badger had the palace. Good man :)
Woody (does he hang out here?) Love the van! Can you let me know the name of the paint you used please.
Leon, thank you so much. I love the sheath a whole heap.
Neil, good luck buddy xx
Ash, the photo's are uploaded. I took over 400 but only picked out a handful you'll be glad to know ;)
Until next year...

Kernowek Scouser
02-04-2013, 01:56 PM
I am truly gutted my troublesome knee meant I had to miss the RV this year. I had a grand time last year and met some lovely people, enjoyed a drink (or several) and even managed to learn a few useful things amidst all the fun.

It sounds like this years event was just as enjoyable, if perhaps a little colder and a good time was had by all.

Thanks to all who have posted tales and pictures T^

Atb.

Colin

jus_young
02-04-2013, 04:13 PM
'Twas a lovely weekend. The cold did it's best to dishearten the good lady but she held her own and the extra layers and sleeping gear worked to keep out the worst of the chills. Saying that though, we had some good clear sunny days and the family came away with some colour in their cheeks to go with the chapped lips.

The boy had his first night in a hammock and was well pleased. The TW has a completely different setup to the DD as I found out when trying to set it up proper for the first time. Learnt that a 5cm thick sleeping mat does not work well so I will have to sort him out with an underquilt. But he was toasty and warm, slept well, and showed that all my worrying was for nothing.

As always it was good to see folks again and experience the excellent hospitality of the Footsteps team as well as those that help out, thanks Janie - you make an excellent Monday morning crispy bacon and egg butty, just right before packing up to go home :o

And as for the dog, well I might get a few moans from the kids if I let him go. He had his moments on his first camp but as he is still a pup he can be forgiven. Didn't try for the 'man and his dog in a hammock' trick this time round as it was too cold at night so I will save that one for later.

Phil - that parachute setup was inspirational! The wife is now considering a 'chute for our next outing. Was nice and cosy in there, and as I had not had a tipple for a while I think I did quite good only falling out of my hammock once during the night :ashamed:

Here's looking at the next time...

JonnyP
02-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Coldest Easter on record apparently..!

The Joker
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Thank you for the extra donation Jonny, you iz luuuurvly:happy-clapping:

JonnyP
02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Thank you for the extra donation Jonny, you iz luuuurvly:happy-clapping:

Nay worries, I hope you get your target ok Pete :0)
I just got back from taking me kids back. Am shot now, so having tomorrow off work so I can have me a lay-in :0)

The Joker
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Nay worries, I hope you get your target ok Pete :0)
I just got back from taking me kids back. Am shot now, so having tomorrow off work so I can have me a lay-in :0)

I don't blame you mate, that is a hell of a journey.

Raven
03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
good to catch up with you all again, Ryan had a great time as usual, Cass was glad not to have her own tent this time!

GlenM
03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Another one bites the dust ! great to see everyone again, appologies if i missed anyone.

ATB

Glen

Roadkillphil
03-04-2013, 04:03 PM
[/QUOTE]Phil - that parachute setup was inspirational! The wife is now considering a 'chute for our next outing. Was nice and cosy in there, and as I had not had a tipple for a while I think I did quite good only falling out of my hammock once during the night :ashamed:

Here's looking at the next time...[/QUOTE]

Thanks bud, the chute isn't 100% water proof, but set up like that its double layered and with light rain or showers it should run off. Apparently, it seals after having loads of fires under it... Something to do with oil in the smoke or summit. However, if its windy, a chute is not ideal. Ashley's had some real nightmares with his on strong winds...
A teepee, however made is a kickass shelter tho eh :)

Ben Casey
03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Im gutted I missed this one :( But I think long distance driving is soon to be a thing of the past :( I hope everyone had a great time :)