PDA

View Full Version : A couple of hours in Troserch Woods (Day off because of snow)

GwersyllaCnau
23-01-2013, 09:58 PM
I had a day off because the school I work in closed due to snow:happy-clapping: so my son and I went to Troserch woods to try out the Honey Stove properly for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y8sHFzw2ew

BJ
23-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Great video.T^

GwersyllaCnau
26-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Thankyou

treefrog
26-01-2013, 04:18 AM
That's a neat little stove; looks like it would be a lot more fuel-efficient than a campfire. And I really like the concept of a day off because of snow!

Chubbs
26-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Great vid mate, thank you for sharing it.

Its great to see kids with a smile on their faces in the woods.

AL...
26-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Great wee vid :)

Cheers
AL

Al21
26-01-2013, 12:12 PM
That was nice to see, thanks.

I used a rat-tailed file to make a concave shape on the end of my ferro rod striker, it now throws much better sparks, my son finds it much better now. Might be worth a try.

Al

alvino78
26-01-2013, 06:16 PM
great vid pal!!

OakAshandThorn
27-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Excellent - lovely stove (I'm seriously considering purchasing one) :D.T^

GwersyllaCnau
27-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.

That's a neat little stove; looks like it would be a lot more fuel-efficient than a campfire. And I really like the concept of a day off because of snow!

This is Britain and everything stops here with an inch of snow. Personally, although I'm not complaining because I enjoy 'snow days' I think it's ridiculous that due to the 'blame culture' health and safety forces us to close the schools just in case a child slips on ice. Also playing conkers is banned just in case a child's fingers get hurt, but that's another rant.

That was nice to see, thanks.

I used a rat-tailed file to make a concave shape on the end of my ferro rod striker, it now throws much better sparks, my son finds it much better now. Might be worth a try.

Al

Thanks for that tip I'll definitely give it a try.

Yungen of Bury
04-04-2013, 06:50 PM
looks absolutely beautiful... and im sure having your son along, though maybe trying at times, made it all the more enjoyable..

David_JAFO
04-04-2013, 10:26 PM
hello,
I've been there when I was down in Llanelli, Situated north of Llangennech village just
on the A4138 link road between Junction 48 of the M4 and the Llanelli crematorium roundabout.
the Troserch woods are located in a beautiful river valley, divided by the Morlais River which runs into the
Lougher estuary. They are ancient woodlands, and have a number of old ruins too. I was fishing
on the Lougher estuary too. You've picked an excellent spot there my friend enjoy it to the full :wink:
Regards
David

GwersyllaCnau
07-04-2013, 12:59 AM
hello,
I've been there when I was down in Llanelli, Situated north of Llangennech village just
on the A4138 link road between Junction 48 of the M4 and the Llanelli crematorium roundabout.
the Troserch woods are located in a beautiful river valley, divided by the Morlais River which runs into the
Lougher estuary. They are ancient woodlands, and have a number of old ruins too. I was fishing
on the Lougher estuary too. You've picked an excellent spot there my friend enjoy it to the full :wink:
Regards
David

We camp in these woods quite a lot.

David_JAFO
07-04-2013, 01:51 PM
hello,
Quote "We camp in these woods quite a lot."
Lucky sods :wink:
Regards
David