PDA

View Full Version : I am the master of fire!

FishyFolk
19-01-2013, 05:49 PM
My friend Odd form the Norwegian Bushcraft channel on YT who sent me chaga the other day, also got tired of me whinging about my inability to make friction fire work, every time he
makes fire with it in his videos, so he included some timber in the form of a pine log in the shipment of chaga.

So tonight I snuck into the man cave, and got my Mora 711 out and whitled myself a bow and spindle set.
It's a little dark in there, sp I needed a better lit place for the test - the kitchen floor :cool:

Anyway set to work with some aluminum foil under the board and after a minute I had smoke!
Carving a notch and after another 45 seconds work, I had an ember!

:campfire:

The wife took a dim view to me lighting a fire in her kitchen, so further tests are postponed until daylight tomorrow. Only problem is I promised the kids I'd take them to the
ski rsort tomorrow. But not going to ski myself, so I will set up camp in the treeline at the bottom of the mountain, perhaps with a hammock and a camp fire.
If not to many muggles around I might get the courage up to lit it with friction fire. :evilgrin:

we will see....mean while, I am having a beer!

:cool:

ian c
19-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Looking forward to hearing all about it oh and a video of it if possible have a good time with the kids tomorrow.

BJ
19-01-2013, 07:19 PM
mightily impressed, I have yet to try fire lighting by friction. well done, strange how your wife doesn't appreciate your kitchen skills. :rolleyes:

AL...
19-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Well done Rune :D
Its funny Wives are like that . Every time I go into the kitchen I get "Dont brake , burn or kill anything this time. And tidy up yer mess when yer done."
And all I was doin was makin a cuppa tea!
Cheers
AL

Tigger004
19-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Sorry Guys, but I do all the cooking so my wife keeps out of "MY" kitchen

f0rm4t
19-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Look forward to hearing you panting like a dog and sweating like a pig in the next 24/48 hours then Rune ;)

Never surrender! lol

happybonzo
20-01-2013, 05:02 AM
Sorry Guys, but I do all the cooking so my wife keeps out of "MY" kitchen

How very sensible; Mrs B can burn water

FishyFolk
20-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Look forward to hearing you panting like a dog and sweating like a pig in the next 24/48 hours then Rune ;)

Never surrender! lol

It still amazes me that 18529 people have tuned inbto my youtube cahnnel to see me do just that...you forgot all the snot in my nose. :-)

FishyFolk
20-01-2013, 07:09 AM

Never surrender! lol

Else I'll be dragged by tha ski lift up into the hills this time. I only have back country skis. But I may just stay in the low lands. Ut's all ice up there.

The plan is to etablish camp bellow the tree line anyway, and perhaps get a hammock up. And spend the day in leasure while Heart and his friend turns the slopes into carnage on their snow boards....

BJ
20-01-2013, 08:29 AM
attached video, Don't think he uses a bow though. :campfire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8yYUbKYkO0
But he is definitely into fire :evilgrin:

FishyFolk
20-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Well, well, it was very croweded up there so I did not bother doing anything remotely bushcarfty, except, I could not resist getting the flint and steel out to light my fire...
I always get a severe case of stage fright with other people aroyund, so did not put any images to the memory card either...but had a nice day anyway :-)