PDA

View Full Version : Stainless pots/pans

EddieJ
14-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I happened to passing by the local pet shop a week or so ago, and spotted stainless dog and cat bowls for just a couple of quid.

I chanced my arm and give one a try and it's proving to be really good. The one that I bought is approx 130mm in diameter at the base, widening to 170mm at the top x 75mm deep and I guess that the only negative is that you need a detachable pot handle, and the stainless goes blue quickly.

If you are on the look out for cheap pots, don't rule out places such as pet shops. :)

sam_acw
14-01-2013, 07:20 PM
catering supply places can be good too. I've got a stainless dish and giant - 1 pint - teacup from supermarkets selling off this stuff. Might be worth trying any Indian stores too as the ones in Bradford used to have more stainless stuff. Mind you, tin cans work too:)

SimonB
14-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Poundland have the stainless curry dishes with the double handles............ And an ice bucket and tongs... Also saw they sell the big divided plates, so there's a possibility.

Tigger004
15-01-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm working on a very light dog bowl with a tree bracket, to get my stove out of the soggy mud at ground level, also saves your knees and back, (based on the infamous Mr fish's tree shelf), it's a "work in progress" and at 99p it was cheap so nothing lost if it doesn't work out.
trying to make it without destroying the bowl factor, so it's multi purpose......I like multi purpose stuff

Winst0nsmith
17-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Stainless tea caddies work well, find the right size and they fit larger tin cans perfectly for a stove so it saves buying the classic cutery drainer, the tins are also lighter. Most kitchen/homeware places do them for a quid or two, Asian homeware shops tend to have a good selection and other tiny tins good for tinder or condiments or whatever.