PDA

View Full Version : New Leather Beltloop for Hultafors Knife

Primerib
06-01-2013, 03:38 PM
I recently purchased a Hultafors HVK GH as a backup to my Mora Companion MG. I must say that I am quite impressed by the Hultafors and so far it can keep up with the mora. Although the original plastic belt clip on the sheath was not to my liking. As I did not want to wait until it would break and I would lose the knife in the field I took precautions and I have to say I am quite pleased with the result.

I had a bit of leather left over which was originally a pouch which came with a bottle of excellent honduras rum! Cut a long rectangular piece, sew it together to form a tube. Flattened it out and folded it over to form a loop. The seam can not be seen as it is on the inside of the folded loop. The orignal plastic beltloop was cut down to leave a stud of 1 cm where I drilled two holes. Lastly I fastened the leatherstrap to the sheath with two rivets.

Now I don't have to worry about the plastic clip breaking when sitting down with the knife at my side. Damn...now I like the sheath more than the mora. I need more leather :D