PDA

View Full Version : Northwest meet

sam2013
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Anyone from near wigan? I'm a novice but really wanna start going on overnighters and learning new skills.. Got the majority of my gear together.. Any one up for it or even days out jus message me

Ichneumon
06-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Hello Sam and welcome to the forum.

This question has been asked many times over the years and the result is always the same. There are quite a few bushcrafters in Lancs but no suitable permission woods that we can go to (I'd like to be proved wrong on this point). So we all put our hands up when this question is asked but then nothing happens.

As a result I alway end up going further afield. Which is nice - but it would be nicer not to have to travel so far.

One current thread does seem more promising than any previous ones: http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4824-Preston-Bushcraft-Group Maybe if we all get together over a pie and a pint much good will come of it. I hope Aiden_cub will follow through and get something organised, failing that I may pick up the baton myself.

ATB

Paul

Sar-ian
06-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Anyone from near wigan? I'm a novice but really wanna start going on overnighters and learning new skills.. Got the majority of my gear together.. Any one up for it or even days out jus message me

Hi Sam, and welcome, if you're interested there's a few of us from the NW going to the Northern Soul bushmoot in yorkshire (check the thread ) in a few weekends time, and there is a place left, if you fancy it contact sapper as he organised it. Theres also a meet organised for march in mid-wales again check out the thread and there are places open for that too. Cheers Ian...