PDA

View Full Version : It is nearly that time of year again :D Cornwall RV 2013, Trenowth Wood :D

Ben Casey
19-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Hi All
Well the shops and stores always start things like Xmas early so I think it is time to start of my favourite post of the year :D

http://www.footstepsofdiscovery.co.uk/cornwall.php

So let’s see who might be going so we can all meet up and say hello to each other :) I think it is a great weekend with loads to do and even get to see the faces behind the posts. Maybe we could have a competition for the people who drive the most miles or something?

So get posting GUYS AND GIRLS :D

Ben

Chubbs
19-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I didn't know anything about this meet until now. Wow, it looks great. I will definately be putting my boy and me down for this one.

Thanks for the info Ben.

EDIT:

I have already contacted them about the Friday and Saturday. It looks like you pay a 25% deposit and the rest on arrival. I have no chance in the distance travelling comp though, its only up the road :D

jus_young
19-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I swear you get earlier each year with this one Ben :p

Well its started to become a yearly pilgrimage for us now and I think it will probably be just about the right time of year for my lads first hang. Give me chance to make his underquilt aswell before we go. I think my daughter wants the boy to have the hammock just as much as he does, she gets to share the tent with swmbo and have a room on her own then!

Looking forward to it as always, it is a good opportunity to meet folk on this one and have a few days out in the trees. The kids always enjoy it and ask if we are going next year.

Just got to work out what I am having from Dave Budds stand this year, he has already provided the blades for the kids knives so I guess it will have to be something for me again :rolleyes:

Ben Casey
19-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi Guys I'm glad it helped one of you find something new and me earlier every year never LOL I have been planning my trip down since I left the last one :D

It will be great to see all the guys again :)

butchthedog
19-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Ben, if you leave home and head north to John O Groats then turn around and go south west to Cornwall that should be about 1000 miles, you might be the record holder for biggest distance covered and get the Wally Trophy as well.. OOPS sorry pal

Ben Casey
19-11-2012, 12:21 PM
That sounds like my normal route mate does that mean my sat nav is bust LOL I wish the weather would get better then we could head off out again then I can carry on burning your hand while teaching you tea drinking in the woods :camping::campfire:

Ben, if you leave home and head north to John O Groats then turn around and go south west to Cornwall that should be about 1000 miles, you might be the record holder for biggest distance covered and get the Wally Trophy as well.. OOPS sorry pal

butchthedog
19-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Hello Mate, the trick is, but don't tell everyone, to hold satnav upside down and read the resulting map from right to left and take as many shortcuts as you like and before you know it BINGO you are lost mate.

Dave

butchthedog
19-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi Ben, the plastic surgery has taken well but when I get too near the flames my hand wrinkles up a bit. Do you think I should drink more tea to rectify this problem.

Dave

Ben Casey
19-11-2012, 12:50 PM
You defo need more tea mate you can never have enough to be honest I think thats why I have such high electric bills I'm just glad I don't have a water meter Tho :D Thanks for the advice about the sat nav I wondered what was wrong with the writting on it to be honest I though I had the wrong langauage selected as it all looked funny :)

I'm glad to the plastic surgery worked to I did think about putting some oil on to cool it as a part of my first aid :) But I was thirsty so just drank my tea :D

fish
19-11-2012, 01:01 PM
I met Ben and Corvette after they returned last year and thry were full of how good it was,so its on my list for next year for sure.

Silverback
19-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Its about time we organised a northern gathering too

Kernowek Scouser
19-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I'll be there. It will be good to see folks again. I might even sneak in some bushcraft between the drinking and the laughing.

I think a Northern RV would be a cracking idea and I'd be up for that too.

Ben Casey
19-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I agree mate we just need a venue :)

Its about time we organised a northern gathering too

Ben Casey
19-11-2012, 05:31 PM
We will have to see what can be sorted out I think sapper had somewhere or was talking to someone but I'm not sure.

I'll be there. It will be good to see folks again. I might even sneak in some bushcraft between the drinking and the laughing.

I think a Northern RV would be a cracking idea and I'd be up for that too.

Chubbs
19-11-2012, 05:56 PM
All booked in for the Cornwall RV, just making sure in case the numbers are limited.

Really looking forward to it after the NB one recently.

Silverback
19-11-2012, 05:59 PM
We will have to see what can be sorted out I think sapper had somewhere or was talking to someone but I'm not sure.

I was/am but theres a gamekeeper whos not on our side. I have 2 other options in South Yorkshire if anyones up for a meet in the new year

SimonB
19-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I was/am but theres a gamekeeper whos not on our side. I have 2 other options in South Yorkshire if anyones up for a meet in the new year

I'm up for that.... Nothing better than a night out in the heat of winter... Beats the freezing atmosphere in the house......

Ben Casey
19-11-2012, 07:49 PM
That sounds cool I would have to know when though as my mate wants me to visit Gambai again :)

Ben Casey
27-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Thats my email sent to get me booked for next year :)