PDA

View Full Version : toknaboot

Kiltie
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Slainte var !, just joined folks (recently), had a couple of rounds of lurking round the site, first impression SIZE matters, I've been a forum user for several years now and know that 'pro-boards' have several formats for their forums-BIG ONES (like this one) and more user friendly and compact ones (I'm sure Ashley the site guru will be aware of these)-not for me to choose-only to comment upon-KISS
anyhoo my name is Jim, I live near the foothills of the Trossachs national park and have been an avid 'roamer' for years.
I wish you all a happy and prosperous New year, "may yer lums reek lang"
Formal greeting done

informal greeting, yep I'm from Scotchgitland :p, second impression of the site-what I and like minded folk have waited an age for, very informative, collaborative, brotherly/sisterly, a good place (Glayva) very good, my initial retort of SIZE relates to my experience of this format, click 'todays posts' and see what has been posted or up-dated since your last visit, try a 'search' and if you've not been on for a while you will have a lot of reading to do-but not ordered in a 'library' type of way, a library indeed but with 26 sections, it gets tiresome.
anyhoo, Jims the name, 'woods' have been a part of my rearing, happy to learn and to re-learn :D
Slainte var !

resnikov
07-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Hello and welcome Jim.

Kiltie
07-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Hi Resnikov, Sherburn I visited last August, Abesford Almeshouses?, not far away, I'm a 'geocacher' too-its a sat-nav game, maybe some other forum users will know what I'm "toknaboot" (talking about), lovely part of the British Isles your from, IMHO

paul standley
07-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Jim, A warm welcome to the forum. We are indeed a friendly bunch here.

Like forums, we come in all shapes and sizes :-)

Paul.

resnikov
07-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Cheers I like the area. I'm a geocacher too, done the Almeshouses one.

Kiltie
07-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I stayed at Squires cafe, its a bikers haunt, its right on your doorstep, , amazing countryside you have down there, I visited the 'siamese tree' ? have you seen that ? I sweated buckets tramping over fields in biker kit looking for it, crossed fields of parsnips or radish looking for this cache, happy daze :D

Fletching
07-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Howdy Kilty and welcome. What bike you got there mate?

Steve

Fletching
07-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Sorry, that's be howdy Kiltie and welcome!

Steve

Ben Casey
08-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Hi I'm new here to but a Hi from me

Kiltie
08-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the welcome troops, Steve I have 2 Yams- an XJ6s(diversion) and an XJ6n, are you a 2wheeler ?

Fletching
08-01-2011, 11:48 AM
XJR1300 - sitting all lonely on my driveway at the moment as I've a dodgy back. :(

Steve

Kiltie
08-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Very nice bike Steve-you didn't get the sore back sitting on that then-an armchair on wheels

Fletching
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
lol! That's what I call it...a comfy chair with a car engine! Bit too heavy to push around at the moment.

Ashley Cawley
08-01-2011, 10:47 PM
:welcome: to the community Jim!

You've baffled me a little talking about the forum there, but I think I get the jist you like it! :)

Hope you find it useful.

:camping:

Matt
09-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey Jim, welcome to NaturalBushcraft.

Regards, Matt.

Kiltie
09-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome Ashley and Matt :)