PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from oop norf!!

MikeWilkinson
12-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi Folks,

Like the nice and shiny new forum, great addition to an already great website, can't wait for it to go live.

I'm Mike Wilkinson and I live a stones throw away from Rivington in the West Pennine Moors, just north of bolton, used to do a fair bit of wilderness camping when I was younger, but sadly after Uni never really got back into it - was to busy Mountain biking and having a family!!! Over the last two years I've been doing less and less biking and getting out more on foot in the hills, as a result I am now doing more bushcrafty things whilst out with the Mutts every evening and picking up on some primitive skills stuff as well - Basket making, flint knapping(sort of).

Over the last month or so have just managed to teach myself fire by friction with the old Bow drill and I'm now trying to work out the hand drill.

I also love DIYing kit, especially things that require very little in the way of tools (i.e. could probably be done in the field), so at the moment projects include the pepsi can stove (pressurised version), Birch Bark Knife Sheaths, Spoon Carving and Basketry.

Nice to meet you all.

Martin
12-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Welcome Mike. Good for you on the fire by friction. :)

Martin
:campfire:

hoppinmad
12-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi mike welome to the forum mate
regards
stu

greenpete
12-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi Mike and welcome! :)

Shewie
18-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi Mike - welcome to the forum

MikeWilkinson
08-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi Chaps, not been on for a good while, so thought I'd better re-introduce myself!

Apologies to those that have left messages or to threads that I have been a part of and missed any questions directed at myself.

Anyway for all the new peeps that may have joined in my absence. I'm Mike Wilkinson and I live not to far from Rivington and the West Pennine Moors.
I love bushcraft, and you can quite often find me of an Evening up on Rivi, around the Reservoirs or out and about Tockholes, with my Mutts doing one bushcrafy thing or another. This time of year it will be shelter building and fire lighting and also a bit of Night Navigation using the stars and what not.

I love all thing natural and have developed a bit of an obsession with Birch (Its Bark, Its wood and its sap!!)

So Howdy to all those that already know me and Nice to meet you those that don't. :p

Martin
08-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Nearly a year since your first introduction. Welcome back. :)

Martin

MikeWilkinson
08-11-2011, 01:07 PM
:p Haha, yeah.

It has been a few months since I was last on and I had a few messages, didn't know where would be best to apologise for not responding promptly. Figured this was the best way.

Ben Casey
08-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi mike I was confused for a bit :)

Colliewobble
08-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Don't worry Ben, I'm a bit confused most of the time...:confused2: