PDA

View Full Version : A Bushcraft Weekend - 10/11 Nov

Humakt
09-11-2012, 08:44 AM
I have been stuck in a bloody office all week this week. 9 to sodding 5.
It is the first time in ages, and I will probably be stuck in the bloody office until Christmas time.
Which is doing my utter nut in.
I have decided, therefore, that I AM going out this weekend - regardless of weather. Once I have done the inevitable domestic chores I'm sure I will be given.

So this is what I propose.
If you are able to get out this weekend post a picture of what you've done. Doesn't matter how big or small. Could just be a walk along a favourite country lane. Could be two nights out. Could be anything in between.
Just so long as it counts as 'bushcraft' (no matter how tenuosly).
Then we'll all have a record of our shared bushcraft weekend and what we got up to over 48 hours.
Get to it, you rebels!

Silverback
09-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Sadly I cannot join you this weekend, many things to do. Finally this week I will be on parade to remember my comrades in arms

TheOutdoorist
09-11-2012, 09:28 AM
I might go out this weekend, i want to but i only have one sleeping bag and im not sure of its rating and dont want to get caught out cold.. not sure what to do!

f0rm4t
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
+1 Same as sapper.

...With a twist!
BBC South East News just called my wife this morning, and want to do an interview with my son (RE Cdt), Father (RA gunner) & Father in law (3 Para) on Sunday morning at our parade. Gulp!
:shocked:

Silverback
09-11-2012, 01:58 PM
+1 Same as sapper.

...With a twist!
BBC South East News just called my wife this morning, and want to do an interview with my son (RE Cdt), Father (RA gunner) & Father in law (3 Para) on Sunday morning at our parade. Gulp!
:shocked:

Don't look at the camera & avoid mannerisms of speech and movement (wonder where i got that term from ?).......veteran of a tv appearance or two and a bit part in Emmerdale - not that I'm willy waving in anyway ;)

f0rm4t
09-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Check you out!
Can I have your autograph sapper? ;)

Silverback
09-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Check you out!
Can I have your autograph sapper? ;)

Lol ! On emmerdale again this month. The rescue team gets a sizeable donation for appearing as supporting cast. Great way of raising funds and the profile

f0rm4t
09-11-2012, 08:00 PM
T^ Nice one sapper!
I don't watch it, but let me know when you're on and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Hope you have a good'un on Sunday mate!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UQmDgx7aHqM/TrlcBJrJgCI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/XCdEiDmNo_4/s1600/poppy.png

ADz
09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I may be going for a simple short hike/over-nighter in the dales tomorrow. Wont be in any woods or any campfire etc involved, Just a walk/view and then pitching me zephyros 1 up somewhere. All depends on weather report , I dont mind the cold but dont really fancy it if its going to be pissing down morning/afternoon.

Does this count?

I might go out this weekend, i want to but i only have one sleeping bag and im not sure of its rating and dont want to get caught out cold.. not sure what to do!

Meh, just layer up in bag, you'll be fine bud ;)

I recently invested in a Mountain Equipment Xero bag so I'll be toasty :D

Humakt
11-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Well, I had my bushcraft day out.
I did more than take a picture - I made a film!

http://youtu.be/38qbNLJDiZI

ian c
11-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi Humakt looks like you had a good pleasent relaxing time in the woods, i wil be in a small wood tomorrow but i will be working cutting down some dead trees and then cutting them into logs for the land owner.

treefrog
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Humakt that was great. A whole day off to do nothing... I've forgotten what that feels like.

Jack

biker-bri
17-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Really enjoyed that mate.
Bri

Opal
18-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Nice vid, mate. T^