PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight Bagging

comanighttrain
07-01-2011, 03:26 PM
I need a bag thatll fit a bivi, a sleeping bag, a 3x3 tarp and the usual suspects for a weekend jaunt.

Any recommandations?

Martin
07-01-2011, 03:41 PM
You mean a lightweight rucksack?

Martin

comanighttrain
07-01-2011, 03:43 PM
yeah! man...what an unfortunate title...its friday and im tired :P

Martin
07-01-2011, 03:54 PM
In that case. I can heartily recommend the Osprey Exos 58. Light as a feather, contained all my kit for my recent solo Dartmoor trip and is very comfortable with light weight loads. Wouldn't be great if you were carrying much more than about 15Kg though. This is a brilliantly designed pack, with loads of pocket space and a really good, useable main compartment.

Also look out for the Golight Jam which Matt has. Again, a very lightweight pack.

Hope this helps

Martin

seb.h
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
I'd recommend the Osprey Exos 58 too as it is extremely light. However I would recommend trying some other osprey packs. I was after the Exos but when I tried it on I felt it wasn't as comfortable and so went for the tallon 44, which fits just about everything. now they've released the tallon 2 series and have just improved some features (and the colour) but it your happy with the old one they are all going for with about 30 -40 % off. Also look at the kestrel series of packs. although the exos is ridiculousness light I don't think the weight of the other osprey bags is that much.

comanighttrain
09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
seen the Osprey Exos 58 for £120... looks like it might be the ticket.