PDA

View Full Version : Spring is springing!

GaryBeaner
07-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I was taking the dog out for a walk this morning and noticed my first signs of spring:D
Probably looked silly, but I was just smiling at the tree!
Oh, by the way, as it's getting close to March I'm gonna have my first go at Birch 'tapping'. Watched the vid by Ashley again just to refresh myself. I hear in the Southern parts of the US the make some sort of alcoholic drink out of it? Not that I indulge in that sort of thing!! Ummmmm.......

Ps, Yeah, I know that's Hazel not Birch in the pics :p

Martin
07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
lol Carl. Have I stepped into a time warp without knowing it? If it's nearly March, I'll be going on my summer holidays in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. :D

Incidentally, I understand it was snowing in Sandhurst in Berkshire last night. ;)

Martin

Ashley Cawley
07-01-2011, 04:31 PM
There's buds showing on my blackberry bush outside also :)

swkieran
07-01-2011, 06:19 PM
it has to be my favourite time of year everything is new and i am the only one who likes the smell of freshly cut grass in the spring

Fletching
07-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Must be getting warmers as my cat's moving about a bit more. I'll be expecting a sharp decline in the dickie bird population soon.

Steve

dave budd
07-01-2011, 06:30 PM
personally I'm hoping that it's no where near spring yet! The winter is the only chance I get to do the woodland management and make stuff for the coming year!!! So far I've amnaged to clear about 50yds of one ride in the woods and I've barely started to work on the back log of orders that I was planning ot get caught up on! :(