PDA

View Full Version : My little nimblewell ....

SimonB
05-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Finally finished, and tested this morning.... I like.. :campfire::)

Goes through a fair bit of timber though.... But boiled a litre of water up nicely, can't wait to try it in the field now... :jumping-joy:

Silverback
05-11-2012, 12:12 PM
pics ?

SimonB
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM
On my phone... will text them to you.

Silverback
05-11-2012, 12:18 PM
cool - can you get out this weekend or are you going to a cenotaph service ?

Humakt
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
I have one myself.
Had it for a few years now and I use it all the time.
I made a video about mine that can be seen on my youtube channel (link below).
They are great stoves. It is probably the best bit of camping kit I have made.

SimonB
05-11-2012, 01:16 PM
cool - can you get out this weekend or are you going to a cenotaph service ?

Cenotaph mate..... Gutted, but there's no getting out of this one.... Covering the first aid side of the parade like last year. Will definitely get sorted for next time... :)

SimonB
05-11-2012, 01:22 PM
I have one myself.
Had it for a few years now and I use it all the time.
I made a video about mine that can be seen on my youtube channel (link below).
They are great stoves. It is probably the best bit of camping kit I have made.

I've seen your vids, and the nomad.. hence set about my own.

Only difference, is I have made mine with a full front, and just got 10mm holes instead of the slot vents..

Made mine from the scrap SS the kitchen fitter left from the exracter housing.... Still got a bit left, so maybe another type of windshield for the meths stove...

TheOutdoorist
05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Would be good to see a picture, had never heard of these stoves but had a look on good.. look good! :)

SimonB
05-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Would be good to see a picture, had never heard of these stoves but had a look on good.. look good! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSmzkwYflPI&list=UULRk9fymH440g7kW9Ngv9hQ&index=2&feature=plcp

Humakt
05-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Only difference, is I have made mine with a full front, and just got 10mm holes instead of the slot vents..

That's not a bad idea actually. In hindsight I wish I'd done that - I nearly always add fuel from above rather than the front.

]Made mine from the scrap SS the kitchen fitter left from the exracter housing.... Still got a bit left, so maybe another type of windshield for the meths stove...

Another good idea! And I can say that because that windshield design wasn't mine.

Bernie
05-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I posted a reply with a video of my own home made copy, also made from the plans available on his website. Dandy little stove indeed. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRqXZe3N5Fg

David_JAFO
05-11-2012, 09:11 PM
hello,
Very nice Bernie.
T^
Regards
David

Humakt
06-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I posted a reply with a video of my own home made copy, also made from the plans available on his website. Dandy little stove indeed. :)

Nice one, Bernie (and Simon, of course!)
It feels good making these things for oneself - you feel more confident to make changes and tweak with them. Plus the added knowledge of all the money you've saved!
My nimblewill is quite probably the most indispensible bit of camping kit I have.