PDA

View Full Version : First video diary. First stealth camp.

f0rm4t
01-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Had an awesome time with my oldest yesterday. Our first stealth camp at a local wood. I've recci'd the wood on lots of occasions and stayed there once on my own, but this time I took my eldest son for a bit if "quality time". I bought another DD Frontline & tarp for him.
Dry during the day, but poured down in the evening!! :D
Now my youngest (eleven) wants to go too, so I either have to stagger outings between them or buy another hammock & tarp.

My first video diary/vlog. I hope you like it :D

http://youtu.be/inxwTQxQAzY

FishyFolk
01-11-2012, 08:52 PM
That looked like great father and son time.
Well done T^

fish
01-11-2012, 09:04 PM
great vid mate,glad it dont just rain on me! lol

treefrog
01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Good video, buddy. I think it's so cool that you can have cell phone and internet on a camping trip!

Jack

mark
01-11-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry but there was just not enough bacon in that video for me.

f0rm4t
02-11-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm sorry but there was just not enough bacon in that video for me.
I learnt from the best when it come to bacon Mark, I'm just sorry I let you down, you taught me better than that! ;)

Good video, buddy. I think it's so cool that you can have cell phone and internet on a camping trip!

Jack
...and Mum on hand to pluck her son from the jaws of ..."the small wood, just round the corner from home" if need be ;)

great vid mate,glad it dont just rain on me! lol
No mate, clearly it's not got a preference west or east ;)

That looked like great father and son time.
Well done T^
Cheers Rune, I watched your videos before I joined NB and always thought they were really great. So when the circumstance arose, it'd of been a shame to not contribute too.

What you don't see are the funny fails!
The strap broke while testing my hammock due to the using the wrong knot over the spike hitch. I thought Harry was going to pop a lung laughing ...little shit! :evilgrin:
I should have used a larger girth tree for me. My tarp would sag every time I got into it, and again, the boy was crying with laughter! :ashamed:
I had to tie the tree back to another tree HAHAHA!
"Time is of the essence" and we didn't have enough of it! By the time we set up and gathered enough wood, it was dark so didn't set traps or find a decent Y for a catty each! Gutted!

We both really enjoyed it and look forward to another one.

Mark, looking forward to spring and a father son type event at your tidy 100+ acre permission :)

FishyFolk
02-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Totally with you on the time thing. I am used to having the midnight sun to keep everything nice and bright when out camping. So when I do it in the dark months, I am always taken by surprise when it suddenly gets dark. Else, a big LOL :-)

AL...
02-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Great vid Paul .
Looks like it was a great time . I used to love it when my lads used to come with me And Now David my youngest son (22) has started to come out with me again. Realy cant beat spending time with yer kids in the outdoors. Its the best part of being a dad. That and throwin a mouse into his tent when he is sleeping!! Never seen a tent dance before :D (Evil Laugh)

Cheers
AL

FishyFolk
02-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Great vid Paul .
Looks like it was a great time . I used to love it when my lads used to come with me And Now David my youngest son (22) has started to come out with me again. Realy cant beat spending time with yer kids in the outdoors. Its the best part of being a dad. That and throwin a mouse into his tent when he is sleeping!! Never seen a tent dance before :D (Evil Laugh)

Cheers
AL

Ha ha.
In the Lebanon as a soldier, we had an OPS officer who always fell asleep on duty during the night, leaving all the work to us. No good when there are decissions to be made that required an officer to make them. So one dark and moonless night, the lads killed a scorpion, placed it in her leg and woke her up. They say that on cold, windless nights you can still hear the echo of her scream in the south Lebanese hills... ;)

AL...
02-11-2012, 11:29 AM
OHHHHH I love it hahahahahah . :happy-clapping:

Cheers
AL

alvino78
02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
great vid!!!T^

f0rm4t
02-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Great vid Paul .

Cheers
AL

We both enjoyed it immensely Al!! I think it's important to have these experiences and memories with your wee ones while you can. Before you know it they've fled the nest and you're left with the wife. just the wife. all alone with the wife. nobody but the wife. Ahhhhhhh! :shocked:

great vid!!!T^

Thanks bud!

f0rm4t
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Was supposed to go out again with my youngest (11) last night, but it was raining all day, so as much as he still would have, I had to put the handbrake on that one. Lucky I did, as it was raining all night too. :(

AL...
04-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Theres always next weekend Paul :) Its great that they both want to go out though .

Cheers
AL

mark
21-11-2012, 07:41 PM
next time you go mate give us a nod il come with ya.

Ehecatl
21-11-2012, 07:49 PM

Ditto

M@

Ashley Cawley
22-11-2012, 06:10 AM
I enjoyed watching that one, thanks for sharing.
T^

They boy have a good night's sleep in the hammock then?

f0rm4t
22-11-2012, 07:55 AM
I enjoyed watching that one, thanks for sharing.
T^

They boy have a good night's sleep in the hammock then?

You couldn't make it up Ash! He slept though the whole night.
I on the other hand, woke on every squirrel fart.

Need to remember one of your tips and take some ear plugs. ;)

f0rm4t
22-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Ditto

M@

Done ...and done!
Now I know (thanks M@) I'm not going to have a landowner chasing us around the wood, we can go in a little heavier :)
...Still a way off of Tony backing the truck up in there though! HA!

T^

Davidspassage
22-11-2012, 11:49 AM
That's great that you are getting out and spending quality time with your kids. It is so important that we fathers step up and be a role model for our own kids. Kudos! :)

skids
22-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Good video, watched it last night and subbed you.

f0rm4t
22-11-2012, 08:43 PM
That's great that you are getting out and spending quality time with your kids. It is so important that we fathers step up and be a role model for our own kids. Kudos! :)

Couldn't agree more bud. I'm just trying to install the same memories and experiences I had when I was a boy. They are precious to me and I hope will be precious to him in years to come.
These days, it seems you're the odd one out if your children are part of solid happy families. Great shame to hear that so many of his mates have single parents, and something that upsets me a great deal when I hear them saying they wish their Dad did things with them. :(

Good video, watched it last night and subbed you.
Thanks mate!

Davidspassage
30-11-2012, 08:34 PM
No doubt. I am a professional youth worker and I can't tell you how many kids I work with who have very little substance in their relationships with their father. It's very sad. And I've been a youth worker long enough that I can almost tell quickly when I meet teens which ones have active fathers in their lives and which ones don't.