PDA

View Full Version : Rivington a late summer evening

MikeWilkinson
12-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Some views of my local stomping ground, mid September this year.

Enjoy.

greenpete
12-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow that looks lovely! I like the bridge too, great looking design.

Ashley Cawley
12-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Some beautiful photos you've taken there, really like the 2nd one :)

Photos seem to attach well to posts :)

MikeWilkinson
12-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah, the bridge is one of my favourite parts of lever park, I have loads of photos of it. The area is full of little ruins of the old tea rooms, terrace gardens and bungalow. Leverhulme was a little eccentric, He had a folly built of the ruins of liverpool castle built on the shores of the reservoir, kept zebra and giraffes and had quite a collection of trees from around the world, many of which are still standing. Just love the place.

Ashley Cawley
18-11-2010, 05:30 PM
...Leverhulme was a little eccentric, He had a folly built of the ruins of liverpool castle built on the shores of the reservoir, kept zebra and giraffes and had quite a collection of trees from around the world, many of which are still standing. Just love the place.Wow, sounds like an amazing place!

stig
20-11-2010, 10:52 AM
it is a great place, used to be up there most weeks when living in UK - even done river/stream walking there, damn cold!!!

MikeWilkinson
20-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I'll have to add some photos of the surrounding area too. just outside lever park and continuing around the reservoirs you've got the moors with all the peat bog, heather and bilberries/cowberries/cranberries. And dropping off of them down to the reservoirs all the cloughs with their waterfalls and woodlands - only thing is it isn't very flat and finding a good spot to camp wild is difficult.