PDA

View Full Version : Storing your 550. Could have done with this yesterday!!!

f0rm4t
28-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Went out for a joint family walk with mine and my sister's family yesterday over Ashdown Forest.

Naturally it started hoofing down, but luckily my transition from normal person, to bushcraft super-nerd over the last few months meant I didn't have a simple umbrella for myself, no no no, I had a half full pack including a DD 3x3 tarp and 100ft of 550 paracord. I said "Right chaps don't worry, we'll all be under cover in no time!"

Famous last words! Trying to get the 550 unwound on the quick secured my downfall from possible stardom! Got it in a right mess, which greatly reduced the saviour factor of the moment.

Anyway, I'm babbling.
In short, check out this very cool video on how to store your 550. knowing this tip yesterday would have garenteed my status of "Hero of the day".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR-9tuTIJqc

ian c
28-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I have been using the figure 8 method for storing lengths of paracord for a long time i have even used it for when storing fishing line / braid, i cannot remember who taught me this method it was so long ago but it works, i think i have sean ray mears showing how to store guy lines on his basha/ tarp.

sabot
29-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I store pretty much all my lines similar to this. From paracord to tent guy lines. Pretty much everything that isn't too thick. First thing I do with a new length of line. Definitely makes a big difference and a habit well worth adopting as is keeping at least 4 prepared guy lines and a ridge line with your tarp depending on your usual tarp setup.

f0rm4t
29-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I have been using the figure 8 method for storing lengths of paracord for a long time....

Ha! Yes, I'm probably the only one on the forum that hasn't been using this technique for years :ashamed:

...there's always something new to learn Love it!

alvino78
31-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Ha! Yes, I'm probably the only one on the forum that hasn't been using this technique for years :ashamed:

...there's always something new to learn Love it!
does nt matter what time you get to the party......point is you turned up!!!!:ashamed: